Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
^ maybe you are confused,I do not care if you or anybody else owns a Tesla or a bicycle as a mode of transportation,this is America.

The thread was about the validity of Tesla as an ongoing concern and I made my point clear I thought,I still believe as a car it is a IPhone on wheels and irrelevant as far as company value,the value is in the technology in their automotive,space,rail and solar development.

Pointing out the travel times due to battery charges is not being argumentative,not everybody can just jump in a car and take a trip without taking travel time in consideration it would be a deciding factor for some.

There is a Tesla place by me and I see plates from all over the country,even more so from California which is close to 3000 miles from me which had to be equivalent to taking a stage coach cross country back then if it adds 9 hours per 1000 miles charge time.

You used the argument of because it was Detroit and auto related you would expect nothing less then push back,I am not in Detroit so you have a sampling of opinions but everybody is not rushing to trade in thier Yukon for a Tesla,so there must be a reason outside of everybody is ignorant that does not own one.

People give their reasons and they should be taken as valid reasons,maybe that is why Europe is going the route of forced change verses leaving it up to the consumer or market demand.

California seems to be leading the green movement like they have for years but yet do they not still remain on the list of highest air pollution states?

Does Tesla have some kind of manufacturing process that uses less fossil fuels in thier production then a none EV car? They seem to have a lot of plastic in them and tires and the body materials.

They are structural component design,you cannot just replace a fender,you have to change that whole structure that it is attached to,which is triple in mass then a bolt on fender which takes more material,which to me is wasted resources.

A fender bender structurally compromises the entire car and is considered unsafe to drive.

They have thier good and bad aspects just like a IC car,if it is what you like go for it but I am not racing you for pink slips,I would like to keep my 14mpg fossil fuel ride.

My boat is measured by gallons per mile,as sealed up as a Tesla is I wonder if they float like the VW bug could?
Sir, you are a very intelligent and critical-thinking and knowledgeable poster, but a lot of your posts are just too long!!!