the fact that an allegation wouldn't hold up in a court of law doesn't disqualify it for me, because that's kind of the problem -- our criminal legal system is really really really bad at investigating, prosecuting, and convicting rapes and sexual assaults. Case in point, our untested rape kit backlog.

furthermore, I think this is a topic where internet armchair commenters are always gonna miss the mark. My definition of abuse is someone using the power they have over someone to harm that person for their own benefit. It's a pretty broad definition, intentionally so, and the crux of it is the harm done. If a person says they are harmed, why not believe them? Why not give them their due process? most false rape/SA allegations are made by third parties. e.g. a parent saying their child was raped.

finally, and this is a dead horse, but I'm gonna whack it once -- a 'witch hunt' was a group of people coming together to kill women for their independence or promiscuity or nonconformity. it was never a group of women getting together to kill the men who wielded power of them. when that has happened in this country it is generally just called 'natural causes' or 'heart attacks' or 'unexplained deaths.'