Everybody knows that the Q Line is opening this weekend. But amid all the excitement- and protests- I am sure many, myself included, are wondering what will come after the Q Line. Well, I sat down to my computer at 2:00 PM today and started making a plan for what a Detroit Light Rail system that includes the Q Line might look like.

The System I planned out has 7 lines-
Q Line [[Woodward) Downtown-Pontiac
M Line [[Michigan) Downtown-Airport
G Line [[Gratiot) Downtown-Mt. Clemens
S Line [[Downriver) Downtown-Flat Rock
N Line [[Mound) Downtown-Utica
L Line [[Lodge) Downtown-Novi
J Line [[Jefferson) Downtown-Grosse Pointe

It's 144 miles [[that's all of it though) long and 20.1 Miles of that is side-running streetcar track, 67.9 is center-running light rail in dedicated lanes with signal priority, and a whopping 66 miles is grade separated.

Now 144 Miles is nothing but a pipe dream, so I chopped up the lines into phases. Phase One is an expanded streetcar system, Phase Two extends to inner ring suburbs and Detroit city limits, Phase Three extends to the Airport and Pontiac, Phase Four fills out the other lines to their limits, and the pipe-dream Extended Phase has, well, pipe-dream far reaching lines.

I'd like to hear your take on it, as well as any questions you might have about lines or stations, constructive criticism, what should be left out, and what should be added. Including general discussion on Detroit's transit future.

View Map Here:
VIEW

Thanks,
MicrosoftFan