Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by swingline View Post
    Not buying any of this Zacha. Perhaps it "disproportionately affects [y]our population" because those folks are making perfectly rational choices about starting or expanding their families. Exactly the reason why choice is necessary. White religious extremists shouldn't be forcing their religious beliefs on you [or any of us]. Your population has agency just like every other. Yet you want to relinquish it to the same group that has historically oppressed you. Curious.

And your lament about your population numbers seems straight out of QAnon except that those folks couldn't care less about any problems in your community.
    Research on your own how abortion has disproportionately impacted our numbers and the details therein.

How those choices come about not always responsible 'family' oriented as you present. Research former abortion clinic workers who saw women with multiple abortions, some cohersed by boyfriends, etc. Some doing so not know the long term impacts [emotional and physical]. Please do.

I don't know this QAnon presence/ website mentioned on DYes alot. Not sure why it comes up. Do they hold some sole ownership of views not considered woke, or progressive? Just asking....

As I've stated, you don't have to be 'religious' to have some push-back on this subject. That is but another form of 'othering' constraining values and views into boxes to be negated.

Relative to who's oppressing black people - we're learning to keep our head-on-a-swivel watching 360-degrees as Malcolm X advised.

Someone's been telling black people what's best for us every since we got off the boats! Now new groups and varied captains telling us how much we're wanted/ affirmed yet telling us to kill our children.

Umm, did I say 'children'. I digress - that's a whole other debate [for some].

Bottom line: more black people [men and women] ARE questioning.

That's ain't going away. What is now seen cannot be unseen.

Apposition to the abortion-on-demand side cannot be solely ascribed to white-men, right-wing, q-non-non thing, tucker calston, trump etc.

Some black people are VOICING THIS CHALLENGE on our OWN TERMS.

We don't need the right wing to speak on what we see happening. TO US. We're not relinquishing. We're starting to say NO.

We don't need the radical left to affirm this particular view either.

If they all say we're bad, sell-outs, 'religious', act like republicans so be it. At least we are here to have an opinion.

As I've said still too many want to tell black people what to say/ do/ think/ believe/ choose/ know/ affirm since coming off the slave ships.

Thank you for your opinion on the subject. Please check out what other people are saying on this subject.

Start by asking a few Detroiter's.
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-18-24 at 03:39 PM.