Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
You said it in the first paragraph. Potential. A fertilized egg is not a person, it has the potential to be one. A potential that doesn't begin until birth. I will grant you that I think at some point during pregnancy that a fetus can live outside of the womb, and I think that is where the conversation should be, but prior to that it is not something that can physically live on its own.

Curious... should it be illegal for a woman to drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes while pregnant? What if she really loves fish and eats so much of it that the mercury is passed onto the child. Where should your regulation of a women's body end?

Who made you the arbiter? Or is this you pushing your Christian beliefs in a country where we have freedom from religion? You wouldn't be against Sharia Law now would you?
I am curious about this: Since the Supreme Court ruling, there were more than 1 million abortions in the United States in 2023, the highest rate in more than a decade. One would think, based on Democratic Party hysteria, that the abortion industry has crashed nationwide but truth is found in numbers. Where is the joy among Democrats? If Christians and Muslims can be villainized for opposing abortions, Democrats are fair game for trying to politically benefit from the myth that abortion has been struck a death blow by the Supreme Court.

"Abortion is [[already) legal throughout pregnancy in Michigan – there is no ban or limit on abortion in Michigan based on how far along in pregnancy you are. If you are under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian must give you permission to get an abortion in Michigan." -Abortion Finder