Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    It's not healthcare 99% of the time.
    And I'm sure you have some facts to back up that statement?

Quote Originally Posted by JonWylie View Post
    Coming from the guy who claims that mass shootings are false flag events? Don't hold your breath.

Pretty much, though I may have exaggerated slightly. It's actually 97.2% non-healthcare, depending on the year and the survey done.

For sure Southen has zero data supporting the statement "Women's healthcare". That's just a lie the left uses to justify their actions. Is there a reason you didn't ask him for data to support such a laughable statement?

Pretty much, though I may have exaggerated slightly. It's actually 97.2% non-healthcare, depending on the year and the survey done.

For sure Southen has zero data supporting the statement "Women's healthcare". That's just a lie the left uses to justify their actions. Is there a reason you didn't ask him for data to support such a laughable statement?
    Healthcare - efforts made to maintain, restore, or promote someone's physical, mental, or emotional well-being especially when performed by trained and licensed professionals

Maybe that is why nobody asked for data, I stated a simple fact. You may not like why someone gets an abortion but it doesn't change the fact that it is healthcare performed by a professional.

Even simple definitions are beyond your comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    Healthcare - efforts made to maintain, restore, or promote someone's physical, mental, or emotional well-being especially when performed by trained and licensed professionals

Maybe that is why nobody asked for data, I stated a simple fact. You may not like why someone gets an abortion but it doesn't change the fact that it is healthcare performed by a professional.

Even simple definitions are beyond your comprehension.

And how does Elective Abortion meet your definition?

The answer, it doesn't. Except in cases where the doctor reasonably fears for the health or life of the mother, which is the case about 2% of the time. The rest of the time it's done for her convenience.

If your definition was applicable, it would be ok for you to kill your room-mates, if of course they affected your "emotional well-being". You could just tell the judge you were performing "Health-care".

Now, I'm not here to tell anyone what side they should be on regarding this issue, but let's dial the lying back just a touch.

This is a trick of the left. Inserting bald-face lies in into the phraseology, in an attempt to avoid having to provide rational arguments for any of their indefensible positions.
    Last edited by Rocket; March-18-24 at 01:01 PM.

And how does Elective Abortion meet your definition?

The answer, it doesn't. Except in cases where the doctor reasonably fears for the health or life of the mother, which is the case about 2% of the time. The rest of the time it's done for her convenience.

If your definition was applicable, it would be ok for you to kill your room-mates, if of course they affected your "emotional well-being". You could just tell the judge you were performing "Health-care".

Now, I'm not here to tell anyone what side they should be on regarding this issue, but let's dial the lying back just a touch.

This is a trick of the left. Inserting bald-face lies in into the phraseology, in an attempt to avoid having to provide rational arguments for any of their indefensible positions.
    It is a medical procedure done by a healthcare professional. Just like when YOU can't get it up and the doctor prescribes you a little blue pill. It is elective but it is still healthcare.

So rational arguments like comparing an abortion to killing a roommate?

YOU don't get to decide what constitutes an important reason for an individual. Sorry bub. If you want to have a debate on when it becomes a living thing, I think that is far more interesting, but stop acting like people have these things for fun or that it isn't a tough decision for anyone who has had one. I have known several people to go through the process and it is gut wrenching. It was also the right decisions for them for a multitude of reasons and not done on a whim.

If you don't like them, don't get one. Telling others what they can or cannot do with their own bodies is the opposite of the freedom you claim to love.

So rational arguments like comparing an abortion to killing a roommate?
    Perfectly.

YOU don't get to decide what constitutes an important reason for an individual.
    I didn't.

Telling others what they can or cannot do with their own bodies is the opposite of the freedom you claim to love.
    I didn't do that either.

You're on quite the roll today.

You confused a woman killing her baby out of convenience as being "Healthcare", and I was correcting that lie.

Perfectly.

I didn't.

I didn't do that either.

You're on quite the roll today.

You confused a woman killing her baby out of convenience as being "Healthcare", and I was correcting that lie.
    I think you need it to be a baby at conception because you’re incapable of complex thought. Same reason everything is a conspiracy theory to you. You need easily digestible answers. It becomes far more difficult if the women getting the procedure aren’t just trying to “kill babies for fun” and are doing it for deeply personal reasons, whatever they may be.

Chances are somebody you know has gotten an abortion. The reason you don’t know about it probably has to do with the fact you have the intellect and ability to reason of a toddler. That might be generous though.

Because he gave his opinion on the subject and didn't make up a statistic without any support and pass it off as fact, like you.
    Last edited by JonWylie; March-18-24 at 12:59 PM.

Because he stated his feelings, instead of quoting facts like you.

There, FIXED.

You can google surveys if you like where they ask abortion clinic customers what their reasons were for terminating their baby, and 97 - 99% say it was for reasons other than their health.

Reasons given. Many women have multiple reasons for getting one;

1. Having a child would interfere with a woman's education, work or ability to care for dependents [[74%)

2. Can not afford a baby now [[73%)

3. Did not want to be a single mother or was having relationship problems [[48%)

4. Nearly four in 10 women said they had completed their childbearing.

5. Almost one-third were not ready to have a child.

https://www.guttmacher.org/journals/...e-perspectives

Notice, "The mother's health" doesn't even make the list. There is a category for Health, [12%], but most of the reasons in that category involve the fetus's health, because the mother is an alky, or is using prescription or illicit drugs etc. VERY little of that 12% is related to protecting the mother's actual health. Instead, way up in the high 90's is protecting the mother's lifestyle.

My apologies if the well- known facts disagree with your beliefs. But it's helpful to at least be aware of the facts, even if you fully plan to ignore them.

PP wasn't started to protect women's health. [The actual reason has been mentioned before]. They just use that as an excuse to get free taxpayer money.

Because he stated his feelings, instead of quoting facts like you.

There, FIXED.

You can google surveys if you like where they ask abortion clinic customers what their reasons were for terminating their baby, and 97 - 99% say it was for reasons other than their health.

Reasons given. Many women have multiple reasons for getting one;

1. Having a child would interfere with a woman's education, work or ability to care for dependents [[74%)

2. Can not afford a baby now [[73%)

3. Did not want to be a single mother or was having relationship problems [[48%)

4. Nearly four in 10 women said they had completed their childbearing.

5. Almost one-third were not ready to have a child.

https://www.guttmacher.org/journals/...e-perspectives

Notice, "The mother's health" doesn't even make the list. There is a category for Health, [12%], but most of the reasons in that category involve the fetus's health, because the mother is an alky, or is using prescription or illicit drugs etc. VERY little of that 12% is related to protecting the mother's actual health. Instead, way up in the high 90's is protecting the mother's lifestyle.

My apologies if the well- known facts disagree with your beliefs. But it's helpful to at least be aware of the facts, even if you fully plan to ignore them.

PP wasn't started to protect women's health. [The actual reason has been mentioned before]. They just use that as an excuse to get free taxpayer money.
    Doubling down on your incorrect statement with citations that don't even back it up, crazy...

110-118_Finer.qxp [[guttmacher.org)
    Last edited by JonWylie; March-19-24 at 11:18 AM.

Doubling down on your incorrect statement with citations that don't even back it up, crazy...

Yes it does.

12%in the right column is EXACTLY the number I quoted.

But that represents an entire category of health concerns, which include;

1. Fearing for the baby's health because I don't wanna give up drinking lots of booze.

2. Fearing for the baby's health because I don't want to stop doing drugs.

etc.

It's unclear from guttmacher's reports exactly what percentage are actual "Mother's health / life may be at risk", but surveys done at clinics suggests it's about 2.7%. [As I also stated].

You should really read the entire report before slandering someone for being correct.

Yes it does.

12%in the right column is EXACTLY the number I quoted.

But that represents an entire category of health concerns, which include;

1. Fearing for the baby's health because I don't wanna give up drinking lots of booze.

2. Fearing for the baby's health because I don't want to stop doing drugs.

etc.

It's unclear from guttmacher's reports exactly what percentage are actual "Mother's health / life may be at risk", but surveys done at clinics suggests it's about 2.7%. [As I also stated].

You should really read the entire report before slandering someone for being correct.
    You provided the source, and the source doesn't back up what you said. First it was 99%, then it was 97.3%, and now it's that other sources support you, but not the one you provided. You got defensive and tried to deflect to others comments simply because I asked for a source on the number, which you still haven't provided.

All I wanted was a source to back up the claim of "It's not healthcare 99% of the time" and I'm happy to look at anything you have to provide, because that number seems very high from the literature that I've seen.

If it's a debate about what constitutes healthcare, that's a whole different conversation, but I simply want to source your statement. Further, the study cited allows for multiple responses from individuals as to reasons for having an abortion, so it's really difficult for it to support your original statement.

Based off the study, you could say a majority don't have an abortion for health concerns, or that it's not a leading reason, or even that it is one of the smallest percentages of reasons [[although it's not the smallest). But not healthcare 99% of the time is not factually supported.

The first thing that pops up when I click on your link is "Page Not Found".
    The second thing, asks me to "accept all cookies", though it doesn't specify what flavor they are.
    The third thing, tells me my "Reproductive Rights" are under attack, and asks me to send them money.

Shouldn't it say my "Termination Rights" are under attack?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    "Reproductive Rights" are under attack, and asks me to send them money.

Shouldn't it say my "Termination Rights" are under attack?
    Isn't it crazy how deceitful the Left is? They can hardly type a single sentence without a lie.

Especially in the titles of things. As you noticed, they mis-label 'killing others' as 'Their own right to reproduce'. How could one honestly get killing someone mixed up with creating someone?

i guess you can do that when you have no morals and don't feel shame.

For decades people WITH morals thought they would shame the Left into doing the correct thing. But they were naive. What they failed to realize was, the Left does not feel shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post

The first thing that pops up when I click on your link is "Page Not Found"....
    It's a PDF file, not a webpage. In case that helps.
    Last edited by Jimaz; March-19-24 at 02:29 PM.