Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 99 of 207 FirstFirst ... 49 89 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 109 149 199 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,475 of 5151

This is the best thread in the history of threadkind.

Only 17 words in Post # 2449, CV? Obviously you’re word “constipated”. Take one Dictionary every 24 hours and stay in bed until the Canadian Dollar reaches parity with real money. EH?

This cancels Post # 2450! EH?
    Last edited by coracle; January-16-19 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    Only 17 words in Post # 2449, CV? Obviously you’re word “constipated”. Take one Dictionary every 24 hours and stay in bed until the Canadian Dollar reaches parity with real money. EH?

This cancels Post # 2450! EH?
    Nothing you will ever do or say in your life will equal or oppose anything I have ever done. You're not that good, get over yourself.

I can be succinct in two consecutive thread posts!

Lest anyone confuse the above w/excessive ego on my part, its really strictly a put down of Coracle.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Visitor View Post
    Lest anyone confuse the above w/excessive ego on my part, its really strictly a put down of Coracle.

My first response to you was to your post 1-15-19, 7:34 p.m. 1-16-19, 9:55 p.m. you're still visiting. Still arguing policies of a country you don't live in. Still posting "mine's bigger than yours" tales. There's plenty of substance in what I'm telling you, you just refuse to see it. But that's the beauty of the internet. No one can pretend they're not home when people come to visit.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; January-17-19 at 03:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    My first response to you was to your post 1-15-19, 7:34 p.m. 1-16-19, 9:55 p.m. you're still visiting. Still arguing policies of a country you don't live in. Still posting "mine's bigger than yours" tales. There's plenty of substance in what I'm telling you, you just refuse to see it. But that's the beauty of the internet. No one can pretend they're not home when people come to visit.
    Your response was not substantive.

It was your usual childish, insulting, reflexive bash.

This is not your forum. The forum's owner has explicitly invited Canadians to discuss Detroit-Windsor. This thread is in the Non-Detroit section.

You are therefore completely off-point.

Further, I have not engaged in this thread or any other in a dick-measuring contest, literal or metaphorical.

Nor have said anything about Canada being 'better'.

Where relevant I do discuss where it is different.

But that has not been a recent theme. Invariably Richard in particular comes by to Canada-bash, and shockingly I will defend my county in such cases.

I will also fact-correct those who posts things here about my Country, whether insultingly or inadvertently that simply aren't correct.

Otherwise I don't bring it up, except in a rare thread where Canada is in some way the explicit topic, and even then it will have a clear connection to an issue of interest to Americans.

Your obsession w/Trudeau and all things Canuck betrays your profound insecurities.

But don't worry, it says nothing bad about your country, just you personally.

Still awake at 9.55p for the “put down of Coracle”, and then awake well before 5.36a for the “put down Honky Tonk”. It’s a busy life not having an excessive ego EH?

Your response was not substantive.

It was your usual childish, insulting, reflexive bash.

This is not your forum. The forum's owner has explicitly invited Canadians to discuss Detroit-Windsor. This thread is in the Non-Detroit section.

You are therefore completely off-point.

Further, I have not engaged in this thread or any other in a dick-measuring contest, literal or metaphorical.

Nor have said anything about Canada being 'better'.

Where relevant I do discuss where it is different.

But that has not been a recent theme. Invariably Richard in particular comes by to Canada-bash, and shockingly I will defend my county in such cases.

I will also fact-correct those who posts things here about my Country, whether insultingly or inadvertently that simply aren't correct.

Otherwise I don't bring it up, except in a rare thread where Canada is in some way the explicit topic, and even then it will have a clear connection to an issue of interest to Americans.

Your obsession w/Trudeau and all things Canuck betrays your profound insecurities.

But don't worry, it says nothing bad about your country, just you personally.
    So if the forum is considered Detroit/Windsor why is it a one way street?

You consider me bashing Canada when you take issues with things and offer solutions based on how Canada does it,I simply point out that maybe the way Canada does it is not the best way for the US.

You call that bashing,you do not like to be told that your slip is showing.

You like to point out the pretty paint but neglect to point out the blown motor inside.Even when I provide links that point to a cracked head,you still refuse not to recognize and still go on with the But,but the paint looks good so it is a non issue.I do not know,maybe it is a mindset training or just a tourism ad outlook.

The United States is complex and involves issues that cannot be resolved by implementing what others do and how they do it in other countries.

A lot of those countries have populations of 30 to 50 million and are the size of one of our states,what works there may not work here for a variety of reasons.

Back to the wall and its utility of lack thereof.

A very on-point story here:

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/16/68605...rder-crossings

Highlights: Visa Overstays account for 62% of persons not legally in the United States.

US undocumented population of Mexican origin fell 400,000 in 2017

Mexicans now account for less than 1/2 of 'illegal aliens'.

Mexico was the leading source for visa overstays. Followed by China at 1/2 as many.

Interestingly this means the total number of undocumented Mexicans is now under 5.4M [[the oft quoted figures of 11M or so 'illegals' includes people of all backgrounds and all types of illegal-status'.

The underlying report is here:

http://cmsny.org/publications/essay-...and-overstays/

Nothing you will ever do or say in your life will equal or oppose anything I have ever done.
    What have you done/said that is so wonderful?

Highlights: Visa Overstays account for 62% of persons not legally in the United States.

Mexico was the leading source for visa overstays. Followed by China at 1/2 as many.

Interestingly this means the total number of undocumented Mexicans is now under 5.4M [[the oft quoted figures of 11M or so 'illegals' includes people of all backgrounds and all types of illegal-status'.

It was the left that cried racist against Trump about the wall,because it was on the Mexican border.

Illegal border crossings are illegal border crossings,the border does not care about where they are from.

We went to war when terrorist that were here on visas crashed planes and spent a trillion dollars,but yet did nothing about securing the border and revisiting the visa aspect or the proper vetting without cries of racism.

It is just simple logic,why keep spending resources on something that can be prevented in the first place.

It is not a cure all but one step in a process.

If you put a lock on your front door maybe 1 out of 10 will kick it in,with a border wall if it stops 75 out of 100 from entering,it becomes a lot more manageable to concentrate on the 25.
    Last edited by Richard; January-17-19 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    It was the left that cried racist against Trump about the wall,because it was on the Mexican border.

Illegal border crossings are illegal border crossings,the border does not care about where they are from.

We went to war when terrorist that were here on visas crashed planes and spent a trillion dollars,but yet did nothing about securing the border and revisiting the visa aspect or the proper vetting without cries of racism.

It is just simple logic,why keep spending resources on something that can be prevented in the first place.

It is not a cure all but one step in a process.

If you put a lock on your front door maybe 1 out of 10 will kick it in,with a border wall if it stops 75 out of 100 from entering,it becomes a lot more manageable to concentrate on the 25.
    Read the numbers again.....62% are already going through window.....

Locking one door, if you could, would make little difference as more people would just use the window.

Its simply the wrong point of emphasis, for the wrong reasons.

E-Verify being mandatory for all employers is the only appropriate choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    No, it was pretty much everyone outside the Cult who cried stupid against the wall, given it has nothing to do with stopping illegal immigration.

The fact that Trump is a bigot is kinda self-evident and not directly related to wall idiocy.

CMS is described by wikipedia as " a member of ...a global network of migrant shelters, service centers, and other institutions along migrant corridors and in border and destination communities." "The organization is devoted to public policies that safeguard the dignity and rights of migrants worldwide."

In other words, CMS is a migrant advocacy group. I am not disagreeing with its statistics but would look at them with possible spin in mind. For instance, NPR wrote "visa overstayers accounted for 62 percent of the newly undocumented.". You reported that as "Visa Overstays account for 62% of persons not legally in the United States." Those are two different things. I already went through this with Bham. As of 2014, only 42% of illegal aliens residing in the US were visa overstayers. That number deserves attention too but the only border security bandage on the table right now is Trump's $5.7B wall or fence. Democrats can either come up with some other package possibly including addressing visa overstays or keep the government shut down by not compromising or even negotiating.

Canadians are the most frequent violators of U.S. visa overstays [[2017) but just because their numbers show up in the 62% of recent undocumented violations doesn't mean they stay and look for jobs here. My guess is that they sometimes have weather and car problems on their trip back to Canada. True, they show up as recent undocumented violators but they are not the same as the 100,000 mostly economic invaders storming the Mexican border for each of the last three months or 9/11 crew members who overstayed their visas. Maybe to you and Bham they are but not to me. You see? I like and am an apologist for Canadians except perhaps Canuck.

Which brings us to the golly gee-whiz statement that "Mexicans is now under 5.4M [[the oft quoted figures of 11M or so 'illegals'." That decline is offset by huge increases from Nicaragua, El Salvador, and Honduras who also tend to cross the Mexican border. Saying that the number coming from Mexico is declining could be taken two ways; either they are Mexicans or they cross the Mexican/US border. I think the article means actual Mexicans. The CMS article says more are coming from other counties offsetting actual Mexicans so we still have the same problem. Over focusing on Mexicans is a diversion.
    Last edited by oladub; January-18-19 at 09:04 AM.

When it comes to border jumpers it is best guess anyways,they can come up with a number on those they intercept,nobody can count somebody somebody that sneaks across until they are apprehended on a unrelated issue.

To skew the numbers even more sanctuary cites refuse to share information with the feds on those arrested,so it could be worse then we thought or better,but we will never know because some perfer it that way.

So build a big beautiful wall.

^^^^^^

No need to apologize for me, oladub. You would need something to apologize about for that to make any sense.

As far as this whole wall thing; Chump even hinted early on about a wall between our mutual border as well, which speaks volumes about the moral and intellectual caliber of your, ahem... Leader.

Given the technological acuity of today's detection systems, given the current high level of border security workforce; the wall project is another one of those spurious assertions by various jurisdictions to invalidate international contacts of ordinary citizens.

The Homeland Security workforce in the U.S. is an enormous outgrowth based in fearmongering by the elites which you disparage daily and equate with the Clintonian Left. I don't. I believe, and it is easy to verify, that both the Left and the Right have juggled with the wall thing for many years and that yes, Chump has made it a major objective in his campaign and therefore, chomped at the bit to actually do something about it.

Mexico is a basketcase. The U.S. is the promised land. Pretty much all of Latin America is a shambles politically, save a few countries; maybe Costa Rica, Chile; but really; always in a fragile state.

Maybe the wall is an effective way of stopping an important number of trespassers. Europe has the Mediterranean Sea to buffer the relatively high number of refugees from economic and political strife in Africa. The U.S. has an enormous borderline that would restrict an effective jump from a pretty Mexicana pole vaulter landing a job as a pole dancer in Richard's Lap-o-rama.

Over the Christmas holidays England was up in arms because they caught over 200 Syrians crossing 7 foot seas in 12’ riffs from France to their beaches.

It only takes one nefarious border jumper to cause a lot of harm,it is more about evening the odds and at cost do we view the preventable loss of life.

On the water there are at least 7 different agencies backed up by a eye in the sky 24/7.

Get caught as an amercian in Canadian waters,even by just fishing and floating past the line and there are consequences up to having your boat confiscated.

Get caught in Bahamian waters and they take you directly to their not so nice jail and confiscate your boat.

We have seen recent post on how Canada views illegal border crossers,no different then any other country,only the United States has the if you can cross the line you will be protected,both politically and financially.

Even for the Cubans there is no more,wet foot dry foot policy anymore.

If the left wishes to persist with the protection policies then it leaves the other side no recourse but to stop it at the source.

Just like every other country does in the world.

Some consider pole dancing an art form and healthy exercise,all we merely do is provide a exercise facility with a pole and a venue for the females to express their artistic moves.

Personaly I perfer cabaret style.
    Last edited by Richard; January-17-19 at 01:14 PM.

I realize you don’t think you have an excessive ego as per your Post #2454 but your Post #2453 to me -

Nothing you will ever do or say in your life will equal or oppose anything I have ever done.
    is intriguing and begs the question - What has CV done/said that is so wonderful?
    Last edited by coracle; January-21-19 at 12:20 PM.

A bunch of kids on an anti-abortion trip to Washington make fun of a First Nations Veteran performing traditional chants. Note that many are wearing their dads' MAGA caps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=sIG5ZB0fw1k

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    A bunch of kids on an anti-abortion trip to Washington make fun of a First Nations Veteran performing traditional chants. Note that many are wearing their dads' MAGA caps.

That is called spreading disinformation,there is a two hour video that shows what really happened,the kids were told to meet at that location to be picked up to go elsewhere,they were not even aware what was scheduled to take place there.

The veteran is a paid activist and went into the kids waiting for their ride and started crap,but let’s just show a little part of a video that fits the agenda.

https://www.redstate.com/jenvanlaar/...ostPromoterPro

Make America Grate Again.

The commenter states that nowhere are the kids seen or heard screaming to "Build a Wall", as if conscious that that can be interpreted as an insult, but the ridiculing of this old Veteran is pretty obvious. The wearing of Maga hats was guided by the chaperones: that is a pretty interesting detail given out by the kids. So where are the responsible adults to turn this thing around before they have to spin it?

Chump ethics are at work here compounded by hazing à ĺa YouTube to guide a new generation. Poison apples, Richard?

Redstate.com? Come on Richard, only you would copy and paste something from a conservative website and try to come up with a cockamamie excuse as to what that punk did. You need to stop perusing them because it's having an affect on you, kinda like brainwashing. That kid in the cheap, made in china hat, needs to be bitch slapped.
    Last edited by Maof; January-21-19 at 08:30 AM.

Ah... Another example of that toxic-masculinity by white men/ boys. Ugh!

There's always someone/ group out there willing to fulfill stereotypes.

As usual most of us [[black, white and purple) are in the middle, not present at said events, and not interested in such 'displays'.

And what did that have to do with Abortion pro or against......?

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post

Last edited by Zacha341; January-22-19 at 07:25 AM.

Here's an interesting wrinkle in the border wall issue.

The Native American Reservation That Could Block Trump's Wall
    Straddling the Border: The US state of Arizona shares 400 miles of border with Mexico. 15% of this lies within the territory of a Native American tribe, which possesses land on both sides of the border....

“We’ve never crossed the border; the border crossed us”, says Verlon Jose, vice-chairman of the native Tohono O’odham nation. “We feel betrayed back for 160 years when this international boundary was created, without any consent or any discussion.”...

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    Redstate.com? Come on Richard, only you would copy and paste something from a conservative website and try to come up with a cockamamie excuse as to what that punk did. You need to stop perusing them because it's having an affect on you, kinda like brainwashing. That kid in the cheap, made in china hat, needs to be bitch slapped.

Really? That is the best that you can come up with?

Watch a partial video that supports your hatred and then advocate for voilence?

Last week buzzfeed posted something about Cohen and the muller investigation,immediately the Muller team came out and said that it was false.

But still the liberal media propaganda news showed it 24/7 like it was fact,even after they were well aware that it was not.

In Germany an award winning journalist for Der Spiegel was charged with creating 14 fake or staged anti trump articles.

Like many publications, Der Spiegel has carried stories critical of President Donald Trump.
    One of the Relotius stories at issue centred on the US-Mexican border. Der Spiegel said its investigation revealed that he had fabricated information about seeing a hand-painted sign in a town in Minnesota that read: “Mexicans Keep Out.”
    False information appeared in other stories including one about inmates at the US military prison at Guantanamo Bay and another about the US NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick.
    Relotius, who has been sacked, told the magazine he regretted his actions and was deeply ashamed. According to Der Spiegel, he admitted deceiving readers in some 14 stories.

Who is manipulating who and who is allowing themselves to be manlipulated by fake news.

I am guessing that you really do not care about what the real story is or what really happened,all you care about is that they were wearing MAGA hats and that is enough for you to base a decision.

I am also guessing that you will never be interested in the whole story or the facts,just what you want to see and believe.

There are always two sides to a story and it is clear an agenda based media is only going to show the side that appeases their viewer in order to gain clicks and revenue.

I post both sides to the story and you are only interested in one side,who is really being manlipulated?

You used the term “bitch slapped” why would you advocate slapping somebody like a woman,is that not considered advocating voilence against women?

Why would you use use that term verses just saying “he needs his ass kicked” or similar?
    Last edited by Richard; January-21-19 at 10:22 AM.

Page 99 of 207 FirstFirst ... 49 89 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 109 149 199 ... LastLast