Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 151 of 178 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 161 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,775 of 5151

Hybrid View

He said it will probably"go away by itself":
    Asked what led him to believe that the virus would disappear without a vaccine, Trump claimed he had received that information from medical professionals.
    “I just rely on what doctors say. They say it’s going to go. That doesn’t mean this year. It doesn’t mean, frankly, it’s going to be gone before the fall or after the fall, but eventually it’s going to go away. The question is whether we will need a vaccine. At some point it will probably go away by itself.”
    https://news.yahoo.com/trump-says-co...195154249.html

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    He said it will probably"go away by itself":

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-says-co...195154249.html
    It is going away,people are getting over it and things are reopening.

Interesting how people take words and apply them literally when it is to their advantage.

I still think you guys should be charging him rent for allowing him to live in their heads 24/7.

I see and gain no advantage as I'm not partisan motivated. Remember? I called out former pres. Obama for similar. I'm not happy to see this re-occurring at an escalated level during a pandemic as it can be tied to politics, to policy, on to very personal [[relative to how C-19 can impact our lives).

BOTTOM LINE: As the POTUS [[dem or repub, now or future), you are responsible to try harder to appropriately choose and use your [[quotable) words.

So one does not have to strain to generalize your words, so as to justify them!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    ...Interesting how people take words and apply them literally when it is to their advantage.
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-10-20 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    I see and gain no advantage as I'm not partisan motivated. Remember? I called out former pres. Obama for similar. I'm not happy to see this re-occurring at an escalated level during a pandemic as it can be tied to politics, to policy, on to very personal [[relative to how C-19 can impact our lives).

BOTTOM LINE: As the POTUS [[dem or repub, now or future), you are responsible to try harder to appropriately choose and use your [[quotable) words.

So one does not have to strain to generalize your words, so as to justify them!
    yea it is Trump,3.5 years later if one cannot figure out what to take with a grain of salt and what not to,odds are they never will.

Watch the international news and this discussion is no different in 150 countries,just the language it is just spoken in changes,so it is not like he is delving into unknown or uncharted territory.

In regards to the virus,I would be happy with just knowing exactly where we stand with it,then we can figure out how to deal with it in the future.

But as of yet no experts in the world can answer that question and until they do,Personally I am not jumping off of a cliff.

Hell they already told us we will all be dead in 10 years anyways with climate change,so in the meantime I am sticking with hookers n blow and enjoying the time left.

The biggest thing is the majority across the world feels it is to early for others to go back to work,based on all the incorrect information we have been provided with so far,who is to say what is right or wrong?

What is interesting in the US verses European countries with a well established public transport system are saying they can go back to work but not use public transport,our auto centric nation has a bit of a advantage in this case,as bad as the underlying circumstances are.

To me anyways the whole lock down to prevent the spread,is a case of,how do you know if you are preventing the spread of something that you do not even know how many are infected in the first place.

So you can say it prevented it but how exactly do they prove it wrong?

Lock down or not it still spread until it reached its peak.
    Last edited by Richard; May-10-20 at 01:49 PM.

Interesting using the synonyms for "Go away" in all the 'As in' example tabs there was no mention of "End".

https://www.thesaurus.com/browse/go%20away

More than a few people have it figured out as the words DO NOT match realities. As I describe in #4308 etc. Additionally, I'm not necessarily impressed with some of the yackin' and propaganda that goes forth from other countries either. So much for the either/ or construct. Again.

Relative to where we stand with the virus: not a small number have died, some only very sick, some asymptomatic, some have not contracted the virus. A whole nation was shut down where in my opinion quarantining could have been more selective, but the governors were not willing to do that. Looking at what happened it say Italy it can be argued the US was NOT too hasty in shutting down. Communities in rural areas with zero C-19 had to comply as well as it went. And we're not at the 'disappear' level yet.

We are here: Severe fiscal damage and far more deaths, with truncated funerals well and beyond the usual flu. That's COVID-19 for you. A novel virus indeed for the 21 century. Revealing the motives of many! And no for me I'm not giving over to a spirit of fear or cliff jumping. Only truth seeking.

yea it is Trump,3.5 years later if one cannot figure out what to take with a grain of salt and what not to, odds are they never will.

Watch the international news and this discussion is no different in 150 countries, just the language it is just spoken in changes, so it is not like he is delving into unknown or uncharted territory.

In regards to the virus, I would be happy with just knowing exactly where we stand with it, then we can figure out how to deal with it in the future.

But as of yet no experts in the world can answer that question and until they do,Personally I am not jumping off of a cliff....
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-10-20 at 07:21 PM.

^^^PS. Having said all of that I would greatly love if C-19 disappeared, today!!
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-10-20 at 01:02 PM.

^^^PS. Having said all of that I would greatly love if C-19 disappeared, today!!
    I too would greatly appreciate if that nasty CCP Virus would "Go Away" today!

Where do you get it's "going away"?
    Name:  covid.JPG
Views: 5059
Size:  80.2 KB
    It is going away,people are getting over it and things are reopening.

Interesting how people take words and apply them literally when it is to their advantage.

I still think you guys should be charging him rent for allowing him to live in their heads 24/7.

Just like the original Sars-1 and the other version called Mers? How did the bubonic plague end? How about the influenza pandemic of 1918?

I like the biblical plagues that ended by Moses getting his way.
    Last edited by Dan Wesson; May-10-20 at 08:34 AM.

Interestingly it [[Pandemic of 1918) did not disappear over-night [[or right before an election) or even over a year. See timeline:

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...eline-1918.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    How did the bubonic plague end? How about the influenza pandemic of 1918?....

Interestingly it [[Pandemic of 1918) did not disappear over-night [[or right before an election) or even over a year. See timeline:

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...eline-1918.htm
    Tru dat!

Funny how life goes on within you and without you...

Spain has a population of 47 million,the United States 325 million.

Remove the number of cases which changes as testing ramps up and I already posted the link that there is a 7-14 day time delay in reporting death numbers.

What is the ratio of deaths by population today verses 20 -30 days ago.

Is it increasing or decreasing?
    Last edited by Richard; May-10-20 at 05:56 PM.

My counter to that statement is that [[as I've said before) the one-size-fits all approach of closing down whole states is having a huge impact on the US economy. I would not have chosen that option.

But there was a reason beyond speculation for some form of response not against an 'IF' but an actual/ active virus: COVID-19, Corornavirus. Too many have died in a compressed span of time for such an abstraction of 'IF'.

The Either this OR THAT narrative too often negates of the reality of one thing subordinate to the other.

The BOTH/ AND is were reason [[and a solution) can be found:

1. Focusing on the United States [[not the global impact of COVID-19) we have experienced a serious pandemic with a high infection and death rate beyond the common flu within the time frame of its arrival to the US.

AND

2. We have a one-size-fit all approach [[as per governor options etc) to said pandemic arguably not respective of lower infection rates in some areas which is starting to render a full collapse of the US economy. Especially with regards to small businesses the longer the shut down continues...

BOTH of these issues are realities.

NOW we must find a balanced way to re-open segments of our business, schools and commerce etc, in a manner that is both realistic and outcome measurable re. the the virus status, transmission and the US economy.

We shut down the world on an “If” ?

Its all speculation at this point.
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-11-20 at 09:40 AM.

In a fight or flight dilemma, Trump chooses flight. Run away! Run away!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    In a fight or flight dilemma, Trump chooses flight. Run away! Run away!

I prefer this version.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNk3LwaVkbQ

^^^ He had so many options on handling those questions, thoroughly without ever referencing China in a way that could be determined as racist. Instead out came the shovel -- then a hasty retreat! The attempted 'dig out' [[damage control) will be interesting. NOT.

^^^ He had so many options on handling those questions, thoroughly without ever referencing China in a way that could be determined as racist. Instead out came the shovel -- then a hasty retreat! The attempted 'dig out' [[damage control) will be interesting. NOT.
    Every legitimate question he is asked from most journalists is a "nasty" question because he either doesn't know the answer or they are not from a newspaper/network to his liking. Here's another example after a twitter propaganda rage the day before......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNlSRd2w5IA

The guy likes to make crap up for deflection purposes. Why he continues to bring up Obama, I'll never know.
    Last edited by Maof; May-12-20 at 07:15 PM.

Ever watch Cuomo's daily updates?

He is also getting aggravated with the press asking the same question 17 times in the same time frame.His words.

I am Not Chinese or Asian,neither are you.

If I ask you to go ask China does that make me racist?

I guess it only makes me a racist if I say it to an Asian.

We talk about racism but yet we are supposed to separate everybody into their own little category and treat them different.

Even though she is CNN he still called on her and gave her a chance to ask a question that was not already asked by the 5 reporters before her.

But that is typical,call everybody a racist that you do not agree with,any surprise that CNN posts a snippet of an hour long session with zero context of a CNN reporter that used the moment to push an agenda.

Nobody has to be a Trump supporter to defend logic,who is really creating division in this country when everybody is classified as a separate citizen according to race,color or creed.

She has never ever really asked a question in the daily briefings,every time it is a demand or form of attack.

She has a history of trying to create the news verses reporting it.

Trump is a better person then me,at this point I would be all about simply ignoring any questions by CNN and never call on them at any time.

They spend 24/7 attacking him in a biased way,if the press wants to act like they are a political opponent running for office then they should be treated as such.

But clearly they feel that they are exempt while hiding behind the freedom of the press.

Once again I use the word “you” but do not mean “you” personally.

Now that the truth is out,I am still waiting for the media’s public apology for dragging General Flynn’s name through the mud of public opinion,with zero facts.

Freedom of the press comes with responsibility,it is a two way street.
    Last edited by Richard; May-12-20 at 10:27 AM.

Not a Cuomo fan and did not say there was NOT a set-up here re. Trump.

I work in technical education [[K12 and College) where I've engaged teens [[a most challenging audience) and walking off was not an option.

I learned to effectively not show if a verbal argument or punch 'landed'. And first and foremost remain blameless! Otherwise, YOUR response is the only thing remembered [[and quoted), not even the original question or topic.

I am just glad he did not really go into super-defense mode to really hole dig -- saying something he'd regret... [[his opponents so really want that to happen!). Anything that resembles a racial component is good hunting!

Ever watch Cuomo's daily updates?

He is also getting aggravated with the press asking the same question 17 times in the same time frame. His words.

I am Not Chinese or Asian, neither are you.

If I ask you to go ask China does that make me racist?

I guess it only makes me a racist if I say it to an Asian....
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-14-20 at 05:25 AM.

And the damndest thing is that his supporters will agree with what he did because the reporters were "mean" to him and why shouldn't he be mean back? They seemingly don't understand what being a real President should act like.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    And the damndest thing is that his supporters will agree with what he did because the reporters were "mean" to him and why shouldn't he be mean back? They seemingly don't understand what being a real President should act like.
    Which makes this accurate....https://media.vanityfair.com/photos/...p-Blimp-UK.jpg

Isn't it a Democratic party narrative to respond to Trump putting tariffs on Chinese goods as 'racist', restricting passenger travel from China as 'racist', de Blasio promoting going to Chinatown as an antidote to Trump's racism, and perhaps promoting incidents of someone glaring at Asian Americans as proof that Trump is promoting racism for identity politics election purposes?

The correspondent was argumentative and rude. "So why are you saying that specifically to me"? It was all about herself. I think that the CBS journalist was insinuating that if Trump asked a Chinese born journalist about China, he was being racist. It came out a possible accusation. A CNN talking head said as much in another video. Lesson learned.

"Gloria's" CNN opinionated analysis went right to that point. She said at 1'50", "What you are saying is "are you being racist for asking that question"". I don't know, maybe Trump didn't like being called a racist and decided to leave before being goaded into saying something regrettable. This is CNN where its all about promoting the narrative. Maybe its time to move on from Russiagate since its promoters are being exposed.
    Last edited by oladub; May-12-20 at 11:23 AM.

Yea that is why he choose to just walk away,some may refer to it as abruptly ending it in a negative away,it was the end anyways,so at that point it was clear it was all going downhill from there,it’s not like he gives everybody a kiss goodbye anyways.

Exit stage right.

People seem to have a habit of looking for fights and then get upset when they do not like the response.

That is the problem with cost cutting measures by the media,they got rid of the experienced reporters and replaced them with cheap reporters.

I heard the murder hornets are attracted to the smell of hand sanitizer.

That was a joke.
    Last edited by Richard; May-12-20 at 01:35 PM.