Just finished this piece from the Free Press about Macomb County.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...-zoo/93922816/

Macomb County, the home of the Frank Rizzos, Reagan Democrats, and endless miles of bland suburban sprawl and Catholic churches. I really don't have a good opinion on Macomb County and even before it failed the region by voting against the RTA, I hated going east of Dequindre for anything. I get my snobby Oakland County/pro-Detroit attitude doesn't help, but frankly I don't care. Wouldn't even care if the RTA left them out of the transit master plan. The rest of SE Michigan will make progress without them [[I really don't mean that)...

I feel like the residents of Macomb County were those former east side Detroit residents [[and their descendants who were taught to hate Detroit) who felt "pushed out" by the influx of African Americans and therefore have this aversion to do anything with Detroit. [[As opposed those who moved to Oakland County because they were wealthy and wanted lakefront property and rolling hills).

If anyone is one Facebook and follows the Humans of New York page, the photographer and creator of the page is in Macomb County telling their stories. Most are non-political but the ones that are are pretty telling [[and disgusting) of who makes up Macomb County.

Oh Macomb County...