Quote Originally Posted by Pcm View Post
"$1.2 million conversion of Second Avenue between I-94 and West Grand Boulevard and Third Avenue between Warren and Ledyard to two-way streets. Completion expected by fall. Developer: Midtown Detroit Inc."

This is long overdue. Second Ave around Tech Town is a one-way with street with a median! For anyone who have not driven this stretch, it's bizarre.

I also agree that Second and Third south of Warren deserve to be turned into two-way streets. It's a lay person's hypothesis that 4-lane one-way streets produce less traffic for businesses. I live nearby and never see any amount of traffic that would necessitate four lanes of single direction traffic.

For what it's worth, I also think Forest Ave between Grand River and John R ought to be a two-way...
I always thought that Second Street with that median and single direction traffic wasn't right, it was weird to see a boulevard with both sides having traffic go in the same direction. If you want to see a confusing mess of one way streets downtown Chicago has got to top that list.