Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Paygo is a great concept...sham paygo where he, and the obscene spending that led the polls to tell him to put out this straw dog of an argument which is so hypocritical as to fool nobody [[well, except Firstandten) is simply more deception on Obama's part.
    I suspect you would never support paygo under Obama, since it would force you to admit he did something well. Instead, you toss out your neo-con talking points about sham paygo, why don't you just say you support it and leave it at that?

Lorax Guest

Care to address my allegations against this sham, or just dodge it as usual Lorax?
    No, because it would only fall on deaf ears. I'm not the one who dodges posts, Batts, you're the one famous for one liner responses, I often go into great length, only to have you not read it, then answer with something that was explained in my post.

You're very tiring.

Care to address my allegations against this sham, or just dodge it as usual Lorax?
    1) what allegations? you seem to think your BS amounts to something, which is just laughable

2) I am now convinced that you heard the term "straw dog," thought it sounded like "straw man" and decided that it could be used whereever you like, although you have clearly demonstrated that you know nothing of what either term [[or any term related to rhetoric) means

4real, get real. What role in this mess aka the state of the economy do you think BUSH played? Obama isn't a miracle worker, although a lot of people such as yourself judge him as if he is the messiah in living color.

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    1) what allegations? you seem to think your BS amounts to something, which is just laughable

2) I am now convinced that you heard the term "straw dog," thought it sounded like "straw man" and decided that it could be used whereever you like, although you have clearly demonstrated that you know nothing of what either term [[or any term related to rhetoric) means
    Batts must have a Straw Animal Farm with dogs, horses, sheep, and the men who love them !

I guess the Straw Fish Farm is next, with plenty of red herrings, and an 800 lb. gorilla thrown in for good measure.

ccbatson Guest

"No, because it would fall on deaf ears" Now that is what I call a cowardly dodge, a textbook example.

4real Guest

Your energy bill is about to double.
    The so called "Cap and Trade" or I say "steal and spend" will ruin this economy, ruin maufacturing, ruin the midwest especially and drive up costs for just about everything.
    Climate change global cooling legislation is a farce and I can't believe the people are so clueless that they don't know what the hell is going on in this country.

Stop lying Mr. President.
    BTW you plant questioner on the town hall joke was a real loser, and Rahm Emanuel winking and smiling at him was about the sickest thing I've seen since Clinton told us " I did not have sexual relations with that woman.

Quote Originally Posted by 4real View Post
    The so called "Cap and Trade" or I say "steal and spend" will ruin this economy, ruin maufacturing, ruin the midwest especially and drive up costs for just about everything.
    Climate change global cooling legislation is a farce and I can't believe the people are so clueless that they don't know what the hell is going on in this country.
    Why??

Stop lying Mr. President.
    BTW you plant questioner on the town hall joke was a real loser, and Rahm Emanuel winking and smiling at him was about the sickest thing I've seen since Clinton told us " I did not have sexual relations with that woman.
    I'm surprised, I thought he didn't have plants in these town hall meetings where did you see that ?

4real Guest

look it up,
    http://news.google.com/news?um=1&ned...uestion+plant+

They plant questions all the time, everytime Obama goes off his teleprompters he stutters and stumbles because he can't remember what lies he has told.

"As Gibbs entered into heated argument with a group of correspondents, another reporter said they were asking such question to the White House spokesman as the people of the United States "want to make sure that we are out there being accountable for them. They do want to know."
    Gibbs defended the decision to invite Huffington Post reporter to Obama's conference and being told in advance that he would be picked to ask a question.
    "I don't have any - I won't make any apologies for that," Gibbs said. "There was no guarantee that the questioner would be picked. There was no idea of what the exact question would be," he said."

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post

Why??
    clearly because a bunch of right-wing bloggers told him so, as evidenced by his weak link

look it up,
    http://news.google.com/news?um=1&ned...uestion+plant+

They plant questions all the time, everytime Obama goes off his teleprompters he stutters and stumbles because he can't remember what lies he has told.

"As Gibbs entered into heated argument with a group of correspondents, another reporter said they were asking such question to the White House spokesman as the people of the United States "want to make sure that we are out there being accountable for them. They do want to know."
    Gibbs defended the decision to invite Huffington Post reporter to Obama's conference and being told in advance that he would be picked to ask a question.
    "I don't have any - I won't make any apologies for that," Gibbs said. "There was no guarantee that the questioner would be picked. There was no idea of what the exact question would be," he said."
    When you present a link, read the entire article so you can put it in context.

"However, a case could be made that this specific question wasn’t a case of the White House giving a reporter the wording or asking for a politically loaded question to be asked to the President so he could hit a pre-scripted home run. It was a way to get in a question from someone in Iran. Milbank is correct on the general idea, but this specific question won’t be one heatedly debated in journalism or journalism ethics classes 10 years — or even 10 months from now..
    In reality, some eyebrows could be [[and are being) raised. But mixed in with that is a lingering degree of mainstream media and online media resentment over the fact that The Huffington Post suddenly seemingly came of age in terms of official recognition at a Presidential press conference and must be viewed as authentic competition.
    So there is some concern and perhaps even muted outrage over the fact Obama had a question asked that he wanted asked — but the concern and varying degrees of outrage are fig leaves that also cover some other behind-the-fig leaf “issues” as well."

People are upset more than anything that the Huffington post is being invited to these press conferences.

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    So there is some concern and perhaps even muted outrage over the fact Obama had a question asked that he wanted asked
    mostly from the same folks who tossed softballs at dubya for eight years

Its funny the only ones trying in vain to make an issue out of TelePrompTers are the fools on Fox who read from TelePrompTers themselves. Besides, this is much ado about nothing. How is that any different than past presidents having their speeches written on little cue cards on the podium?

You neo-cons need to find some real news to complain about because your attempts thus far have been pretty weak, just like your beloved Republican Party!

ccbatson Guest

One thing I will give Obama, with prepared material, he is a eloquent and persuasive speaker. Imagine if he had some good [[ie conservative) material to talk about.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3