Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

It's so easy to recognize those who are trying too hard to pretend to not be dead fish here. Why do they even bother?

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    You guys do know that Obama and the Dems received the Lion's share of Wall Street campaign dough, right? Goldman Sachs people were the second highest contributors to Mr. Obama's coffers.

You might want to balance your blame throwing a bit.
    I don't think political affiliation has even been mentioned in this thread. It seems that everyone here realizes the problem is on both sides of the aisle.

Quote Originally Posted by oldredfordette View Post
    Oladub, it's like blaming the blue jeans for the Gap's sweatshops. Congress is bought and paid for, fuck'em. The kids [[and elders and pilots and everyone else) are right where they need to be.
    This is good street theater and probably is self satisfying to some participants but why then vote for a McCain or an Obama who will cheerlead and deliver the bonuses for Goldman Sachs and then feign anger at Goldman Sachs? We get what we vote for.

""We have met the enemy and he is us." -Pogo

The sooner these parasitic-saboteurs-in-power recognize limitations to their power, the better—for all of us, the parasitic saboteurs themselves included.

Why do we even allow these crazy Wall Street drunks access to the nation's economic steering wheel?

They have a history of being too drunk with power to even recognize that they are drunk.

We must take away the keys before they do this to us again—and they're still doing it. Nothing has changed!
    Last edited by Jimaz; September-30-11 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Lady View Post
    I don't think political affiliation has even been mentioned in this thread. It seems that everyone here realizes the problem is on both sides of the aisle.
    Yes, we do.

Sen. Sanders on the Keith Olbermann show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFo4EGHn1xc

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Lady View Post
    Just a reminder to ask everyone to please sign the petition advocating a Constitutional amendment to get money out of politics. Here is the draft of the amendment:

"No person, corporation or business entity of any type, domestic or foreign, shall be allowed to contribute money, directly or indirectly, to any candidate for Federal office or to contribute money on behalf of or opposed to any type of campaign for Federal office. Notwithstanding any other provision of law, campaign contributions to candidates for Federal office shall not constitute speech of any kind as guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution or any amendment to the U.S. Constitution. Congress shall set forth a federal holiday for the purposes of voting for candidates for Federal office."

Sign it here: http://www.getmoneyout.com/?recruiter_id=22678

The petition was started by Dylan Ratigan, who is a host on MSNBC; he intends to use his show as a platform to force this issue in the 2012 elections. They're now up to 64,000 signatures.
    No corporation, I can see. No person means that only rich people will win elections because only they will have the money to get enough awareness to even get to the matching funds level.

Oladub, that's why I said we're not going to vote our way out of this.

Oladub, that's why I said we're not going to vote our way out of this.
    So what is your proposal to get out of this if not the ballot box? Mine would be to use the ballot box to enact policies which would create a demand for US workers so they could, in turn, demand a larger share of the national economic pie. Unions would be able to strengthen their hand without being the compliant tool of a political party. What we have now is two parties offering some patchwork programs on one hand to remedy the damage they caused by selling out the country on the other.

This is as good of a place to mention this as any. The Federal Reserve, which is owned by the nation's mega-banks that the protesters are protesting has applied for permission to tap the internet to search for anyone using the term "Federal Reserve". these powers that be can't be up to anything good.

"the Federal Reserve Bank of the United States, which in a Request for Proposals filed to companies that are Fed vendors, is requesting the creation of a "Social Listening Platform" whose function is to "gather data from various social media outlets and news sources." It will "monitor billions of conversations and generate text analytics based on predefined criteria."
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/here-c...mentioning-fed

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    ""We have met the enemy and he is us." -Pogo
    Oladub, I'm impressed. I collect and read 1st edition Pogo books. I've enjoyed them since the 50's. Are you sure you're not one of those obscure used bookstore types.

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    Oladub, I'm impressed. I collect and read 1st edition Pogo books. I've enjoyed them since the 50's. Are you sure you're not one of those obscure used bookstore types.
    Old Guy, You will be even more impressed to learn that I was the proud owner of R. Crumb's Zap Comix Number 0 from which I remembered the phrase "dem sho' was fresh spacemens." It might be worth something today but my father probably came across it in the attic somewhere along the way and decided it wasn't funny enough to keep. I even drove by R. Crumb's house beyond Potter Valley, CA. A recent favorite cartoon I came across - http://www.gocomics.com/nonsequitur/2011/09/01

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    No corporation, I can see. No person means that only rich people will win elections because only they will have the money to get enough awareness to even get to the matching funds level.
    I'm totally guessing here, but my understanding of it is that no one would even be allowed to use their own money in their own campaign. No money in elections period. This would be the only way to let anybody else have a shot of actually winning.

This is the loophole Carl Rove is using to get around disclosure of super pac money for his Crossroads GPS. Trevor Potter shows Colbert how to set up a shell corporation. This way, nobody even knows who from Wall St. is involved. The C4.

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-col...ll-corporation

Occupy Wall Street: Errol Louis breaks down the Manhattan DA’s investigation of pepper spray incident
    Errol Louis, host of NY1′s “Inside City Hall” and co-author of “Deadline Artists,” discusses the investigation by Manhattan DA Cyrus Vance Jr. into NYPD officer Anthony Bologna’s use of pepper spray against Occupy Wall Street protesters.
    They were being ignored. That pepper spray incident and the video that came from it has gotten them on the front page of newspapers all over the world.

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    This is the loophole Carl Rove is using to get around disclosure of super pac money for his Crossroads GPS. Trevor Potter shows Colbert how to set up a shell corporation. This way, nobody even knows who from Wall St. is involved. The C4.

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-col...ll-corporation
    LOL at the money laundering comment!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jpmoore/reas...ng-wall-street

Tell these people to dress nicer, okay?

http://wearethe99percent.tumblr.com/archive

We are the 99 percent...remember.... 99 > 1
    Last edited by Red Devil; September-30-11 at 09:20 PM.

Ravine Guest

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jpmoore/reas...ng-wall-street

Tell these people to dress nicer, okay?
    Way to over-stress how strenuously you refuse to acknowledge the wisdom of Gnome's original point.

Some like fighting more than winning.

Ravine Guest

Well said, Chairman Gnome.

http://www.abc12.com/story/15590932/...all-street-tax

The nurses are protesting in Midland. Anyone see it on the local news?

lit joe Guest

Leave C M S Energy & New York Life alone so I get my money.

Way to over-stress how you value style over substance.

There is a protest happening in Washington DC as well starting on the 6th of this month, i believe. Although i don't think it's affilliated with the Occupy[[insert location here) movement. They seem to be protesting for many of the same reasons as the occupy wall street people.

www.october2011.org

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast