Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
A Michigan undergrad with two grad degrees from Northwestern and a good job, with a wife with an undergrad science degree from Texas A&M and a grad degree from UVa who also has a good job, each of whom are just dying to one day move to Michigan [[home, for me, but proximity to family for both of us both for personal familiarity and for help in raising our kids) but are stuck with Chicago for the time being and at lunch today discussed the fact that we'll probably never be able to move back to Michigan because the City and its suburbs can't play nice like adults.

We are the brain drain, probably along with dozens or hundreds of other people that post or lurk here. Shame on everyone that played a negative role in this.
While you have a right to your opinion, I have to admit that I don't understand your logic.

Why would anyone choose to not live in Metro Detroit because they want to build BRT instead of LRT on one street? I would love for you and other folks to live here, but why would your decision be strictly based on this factor?

I mean, daily mobility choices aren't really central to my existence. Things like family, friends, work, leisure, etc. are central to my existence.

LRT isn't a "magic bullet". There's no instance anywhere in the U.S. where light rail, by itself, "fixed" a neighborhood, and certainly not a city. If B-E makes a comeback, it won't be whether or not a trolley or bus is passing by.