Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Default Stellantis Mural

Celebrating Detroit's east side with art
    Stellantis hired a Detroit artist to put a mural on a sound wall on Detroit's east side.

And somehow residents won't think it quite makes up for all the pollution violations.

It's beautiful. The library I work at is in the process of choosing a design in conjunction of the DIA.

I wish I could have watched it as a work in progress. I've always been fascinated by processes that achieve large scale photorealism. Did he use a grid to scale up a photo? A projector? A pantograph? Or is he just that good of an artist?

Last edited by Jimaz; March-18-24 at 09:32 AM.

I've checked out the first mural several times since it was completed last summer, sharing it with friends.

Love all the neighborhood history that Hubert Massey incorporated into the mural!

This article shares some insight on how Hubert Massey prepped for that mural:
    https://www.detroitnews.com/story/bu...is/7834432001/

https://stellantis4detroit.com/mural-comes-to-life/

Definitely will be checking out this second part of the mural project!

^ Me too on the [sharing] Kathleen!

I'm lovin' these murals going up all over the city and talent and design is awesome.