Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

I'm perfectly willing to vote against her if anyone can make a convincing argument for who would be better and why. I'm having a lot of trouble finding info on the candidates, and what I have found is not very encouraging. Winfrey's fuckups of late are concerning, but she does seem to do a basically competent job of administering elections, and I don't want to replace her with an unqualified unknown who might be even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by antongast View Post
    I'm perfectly willing to vote against her if anyone can make a convincing argument for who would be better and why. I'm having a lot of trouble finding info on the candidates, and what I have found is not very encouraging. Winfrey's fuckups of late are concerning, but she does seem to do a basically competent job of administering elections, and I don't want to replace her with an unqualified unknown who might be even worse.
    My sentiments as well Antongast. When I e-mailed an candidate who is backed by none other than Tom "fifth time for mayor" Barrow about what her ideas were she basically wanted to exploit Detroit children by having them going door to door to "educate" Detroit voters. I basically told her "you know that ain't going to fly with Detroit parents, right?" She kept writing on about how she can persuade Detroit parents to send their kids out into neighborhoods to do a Clerk's job of educatuing John and Jane Q Public on the election law. Talking about a dorky idiot!

I'm no Janice Winfrey fan either but what we have now is better than what's being touted as far as candidates are concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by nativegirl View Post
    My sentiments as well Antongast. When I e-mailed an candidate who is backed by none other than Tom "fifth time for mayor" Barrow about what her ideas were she basically wanted to exploit Detroit children by having them going door to door to "educate" Detroit voters. I basically told her "you know that ain't going to fly with Detroit parents, right?" She kept writing on about how she can persuade Detroit parents to send their kids out into neighborhoods to do a Clerk's job of educatuing John and Jane Q Public on the election law. Talking about a dorky idiot!

I'm no Janice Winfrey fan either but what we have now is better than what's being touted as far as candidates are concerned.
    Normally, I respect a stupid person's right to remain private. But inasmuch as this person is running for public office, would you mind sharing the candidate's name?

Quote Originally Posted by downtownguy View Post
    Normally, I respect a stupid person's right to remain private. But inasmuch as this person is running for public office, would you mind sharing the candidate's name?
    DG...the dorky doofus would be good ole D. Etta Wilcoxon. Some of you may remember her as a candidate in the 2009 City Council election and in 2011 or 2010 as a State Representative candidate. I see she's a career candidate like her good friend Barrow. And in a funny twist of things, she was in with Barrow in the 2009 recount; asking the City Clerk to recount ALL of those 500 votes that came in for her in the City Primary. I researched this nut real good.