Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

I wish that I could just leave this state. From the above discussion, there's no fucking hope to be found here.

Quote Originally Posted by townonenorth View Post
    I wish that I could just leave this state. From the above discussion, there's no fucking hope to be found here.
    You can leave, what's stopping you? I know plenty of people making plans to move out of this state that is getting too expensive to live in.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    You can leave, what's stopping you? I know plenty of people making plans to move out of this state that is getting too expensive to live in.
    Agreed. I plan to leave myself. That plan has been put on hold for a little while though [[unfortunately).

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Money, actually. I think maybe staying in-state and distancing myself from the Detroit and suburbs impending train wreck may be better. With permanent address elsewhere, just enough to avoid the high costs you mention.

Money, actually. I think maybe staying in-state and distancing myself from the Detroit and suburbs impending train wreck may be better. With permanent address elsewhere, just enough to avoid the high costs you mention.
    Given that Detroit and the places that depend on its infrastructure and influence in one way or another make up 2/3 of the state, don't think for a second the impact won't be felt in say the UP of Michigan or SW Michigan.

Marquette is lovely in the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    Marquette is lovely in the winter.
    Ignoring potential sarcasm, I agree with this. It is very lovely year-round.