Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Can somebody explain how this happens? Who is making this decision? I heard something that he'll still be on house arrest, are we sure this isn't temporary because of covid?

There is not a lot of info yet; just the one press release from the Ebony Foundation
    Quote Originally Posted by Metro25 View Post
    Can somebody explain how this happens? Who is making this decision? I heard something that he'll still be on house arrest, are we sure this isn't temporary because of covid?

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    There is not a lot of info yet; just the one press release from the Ebony Foundation
    Last I heard it hasn't been confirmed but I expect it will be.

They have had COVID at that Oakdale Federal Prison near New Orleans. Eight have died.

Oakdale federal prison resumes and expands COVID-19 testing

The federal prison in Oakdale, Louisiana, where eight prisoners have died of coronavirus, began offering “voluntary universal testing” to prisoners in one of its two main prison facilities last week. Previously, the prison said that it had stopped testing prisoners for the coronavirus — even those showing symptoms — due to “sustained transmission.”
    Last edited by Jimaz; May-22-20 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Metro25 View Post
    Can somebody explain how this happens? Who is making this decision?....
    I'm sure a judge has to be involved.

It's one foundation saying that they got him released. The Ebony Foundation. There would have to be at least a judge involved
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    No judge is involved. The decision to release federal prisoners is made, generally, by the Attorney General and specifically by the Bureau of Prisons.