Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
I would think there would be a difference between owning a home and "letting" your family, servants, whatever, live @ there, and buying a house, in an area deemed residential, with the expressed purpose of chopping it up into rental units, and charging people to live there. That's where I think the legal battle is. Not denying someone the right to live in that neighborhood, but turning a residential house into a commercial venture.
It's not likely to be chopped up into rental units, as you put it. The physical structure of homes used as such is typically only slightly modified, if at all. And if you own a home and want to rent a room to someone, you can do that. This isn't any different; the only difference is that the tenants all have a particular disability [[as the government identifies the condition).

I'm amazed how many people are posting "yeah, Federal law but this must be different" kinds of things. It's really simple: this is a kind of use of residential property that communities may not discriminate against.