Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by detroitsgwenivere View Post
    Their corporation has entire teams of folks who, among other things, scan the web for the mere mention of words associated with their family of companies. Being that DYES is considered the top discussion forum for the metro area, I'm certain that the great eye of Gilbert trains it's gaze our way on the regular. Not to mention that some of their employees regularly post updates on this site...

That building in the pic above is hideous IMO, and looks like the site would have required the demo of the theater. Am I mistaken about that?
    Right, Dan Gilbert has a team scanning this website and cares what peons have to say...

I agree with Gumby on this one.

Dan Gilbert caring to listen to this site is like you caring to listen to a panhandler on the streets of Detroit for two hours.

You only need to google hater sites like ripoff reports to realize that he's been ignoring sites like this for decades. If you were Gilbert, which would you be doing? Schmoozing with upper echelon types like Warren Buffett that will increase the vast wealth in your treasure room or listening to time wasting complainers?

Quote Originally Posted by davewindsor View Post
    Right, Dan Gilbert has a team scanning this website and cares what peons have to say...

I agree with Gumby on this one.

Dan Gilbert caring to listen to this site is like you caring to listen to a panhandler on the streets of Detroit for two hours.

You only need to google hater sites like ripoff reports to realize that he's been ignoring sites like this for decades. If you were Gilbert, which would you be doing? Schmoozing with upper echelon types like Warren Buffett that will increase the vast wealth in your treasure room or listening to time wasting complainers?
    I certainly never said Gilbert himself is reading our posts, I said they have employees who comb the web. This isn't rocket science [[get it ) it's called the PR team. They aren't necessarily looking for people's shitty opinions, its to keep a lookout for posts from their employees and clients. Scanning the web isn't as consuming as you may believe, software can do this very easily.

QL employees tell me that emails are sent to most of their workers [[like 15000 of them?) containing links to news mentioning any of their companies, Detroit/Cleveland development, and mortgage industry news, every day sometimes multiple times a day. Their sources include the Metrotimes and Deadline Detroit. Technology can do wonders these days, and I hear that QL is ranked the #1 employer in the country for IT workers.

They also tell me that if a client posts negative comments about the Lender on the big social network sites, like Twitter Facebook etc., those people are contacted and asked [[incentivized?) to take the posts down. This practice is used by companies who depend on social media to measure the impact of their large scale branding campaigns.

Most companies make it clear in their handbooks that if caught posting negative comments about your workplace on sites like this one it's grounds for termination, I know mine did. These folks are the largest employer in the area, so looking at sites like DYES is not exactly what I would call "listening to panhandlers." DYES is considered the best metro area online discussion forum in its own right. Lots of development topics to post about.
    Last edited by detroitsgwenivere; May-17-16 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitsgwenivere View Post

QL employees tell me that emails are sent to most of their workers [[like 15000 of them?) containing links to news mentioning any of their companies, Detroit/Cleveland development, and mortgage industry news, every day sometimes multiple times a day. Their sources include the Metrotimes and Deadline Detroit. Technology can do wonders these days, and I hear that QL is ranked the #1 employer in the country for IT workers..
    They send out news from legitimate news sources twice a day on weekdays, and once per day on Saturday and Sunday.
    When a friend started at QL, they thought they had the power to scoop my stories first [[I read the news a lot- all day, every day) by using their handy dandy emails. 99.9% of the time, I had already seen the article. This is because they just gather news articles that show up with their keywords that are already published.

Quote Originally Posted by jmarie View Post
    ...This is because they just gather news articles that show up with their keywords that are already published.
    That's what I was getting at, keywords, software, etc. Im just trying to point out to sir that this stuff is common, not far fetched.
    Last edited by detroitsgwenivere; May-19-16 at 03:12 PM.