Quote Originally Posted by erikd View Post
Do you have any specific examples of the "the VAST number of public employees I see nudging up to the trough everyday" who are completely ineffective, and should be reassigned to pothole patching detail?
#1 would be public school employees nudging the charters away from 'their' trough saying only they know how to education

Quote Originally Posted by erikd View Post
There are always opportunities to make processes and procedures more efficient and effective, so if you can offer any specific and practical suggestions that would help to improve government services and give us taxpayers more bang for the buck, I would love to hear them, and then join you in advocating li for those changes.
1) No pensioners paid more than $50,000 per year in retirement. 2) No pensioners making more in retirement [[inflation adjusted) than while working, 3) Pension payments prorated to years of service [[work 10 years, get about 1/3 of pension of someone who works entire career).

There's a school of thought these days that we need more taxes. I think the level of taxation in Michigan is appropriate. Thus, I don't favor more taxes. If you want to do something new, find something old that you can adjust and use the savings.

I do also agree that taxation on the rich can be increased, but mostly by elimination of programs that favor the rich such as the mortgage interest deduction. Kill that unfair deduction.