Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Tear that schitt down.

I see Franklin Park Towers is now surrounded by a high fence and guards. Go figure.

I thought buying an import and moving to Southfield was a way to say you're better? Gosh, too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    Tear that schitt down.

I see Franklin Park Towers is now surrounded by a high fence and guards. Go figure.

I thought buying an import and moving to Southfield was a way to say you're better? Gosh, too bad.
    Now everyone's "throwing Southfield under the bus"? Why, because of a dilapidated hotel?? C'mon it's not the slums. Seems to me anytime a communities race majority changes, it's labeled the Next Detroit. Gimme a break.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; September-08-09 at 05:39 PM.

crawford Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Now everyone's "throwing Southfield under the bus"? Why, because of a dilapidated hotel?? C'mon it's not the slums. Seems to me anytime a communities race majority changes, it's labeled the Next Detroit. Gimme a break.
    Did you hear about the woman murdered in Southfield last night? It's in the Free Press.

How about the one two weeks ago?

What about the waitress executed as she left work?

How about half the city council under investigation for corruption?

How about a school system that has gone from a gem to bad in 20 years?

Quote Originally Posted by crawford View Post
    Did you hear about the woman murdered in Southfield last night? It's in the Free Press.

How about the one two weeks ago?

What about the waitress executed as she left work?

How about half the city council under investigation for corruption?

How about a school system that has gone from a gem to bad in 20 years?
    First off, you need to get your facts straight, before you pop off about something. One Council Member [[Latimore) was indicted for corruption involving the sale of a jewelry store/pawn shop in Southfield. The school system is not as good as in the past, but they aren't terrible.As far as the crime, Farmington Hills, Berkley, Bloomfield Twp have all seen a uptick in crime during this recession. I wouldn't go so far as saying Southfield is any worse off than those communities, other than the taxes are high, but the services are great. You pay for what you get. From the tone of other posts of yours, you sure sound racist to me.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; September-09-09 at 02:21 AM.

crawford Guest

.As far as the crime, Farmington Hills, Berkley, Bloomfield Twp have all seen a uptick in crime during this recession. I wouldn't go so far as saying Southfield is any worse off than those communities, other than the taxes are high, but the services are great. You pay for what you get.
    Yeah, sure...Bloomfield and Southfield are the exact same in desirability. No difference whatsover.

And if you "get what you pay for", why do Detroiters pay some of the highest taxes in the state and get crap services?

Why do Southfield residents pay the highest school taxes in Oakland County and get the third worst schools in the county?
    From the tone of other posts of yours, you sure sound racist to me.
    Yes, and don't forget all those blacks fleeing Southfield for West Bloomfield, Farmington Hills, Beverly Hills, Bingham Farms, etc.

They are obviously all racists too!

Don't they know Southfield is as good as Bloomfield? 8 Mile is the same as Lone Pine Road?

Nobody mentioned race... except you.

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    Nobody mentioned race... except you.
    And Crawford.