Quote Originally Posted by kwhitegocubs View Post
Hey. I'm moving to Detroit for the summer to work as a legal associate for the UAW. I also have a small dog [[like 18 pounds, so not an issue if they allow any dogs at all). I need a month-to-month rental in a relatively safe neighborhood [[perhaps I should disclose I'm a woman here? Though I am over 6 feet and well-built, heh). My car isn't worth much [[1997 Buick with a big dent and a cassette player), so I doubt it'll be targeted much.

I would like to find something for under $700, though $500 would be better. If I can't find something shortly, I may just get an extended stay hotel room out in the suburbs for about $900 per [[I like hotels, and there are no utilities or cable/internet payments to worry about). I was looking at a couple of the cheap lofts but they appear to be run by a slumlord from everything I see on here.

So, to complete this late-night ramble of parantheticals, any advice would be appreciated. I've lived in cities but never in Detroit, but something relatively close to downtown and/or the ballpark would be great if that's workable. I'm equally okay driving a bit.

I need to sub lease my apartment beging may 15 through Sep. nice life apartment in woodbridge close to campus, hardwood floor, washer drtyer in apt, top floor, 1400 sq feet, stainless appliances, newly renovated. 850