Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

I'm wondering what "I have trouble with all electric light" means.
    What sort of trouble?

Quote Originally Posted by NickCharles View Post
    I'm wondering what "I have trouble with all electric light" means.
    What sort of trouble?
    Fatigue from the abrasion to my visual sense. There is a certain image retention that I cannot easily shake if I'm around bright lights for very long. I have the same trouble with loud sounds, too. But opposing traffic can even strike me...I used to buy those photogray RayBans, back when I made money I could burn, so I could drive at night with my contact lenses. Glasses dither it some, but they bring their own issues.

At worst, I find my vision vibrating...don't have words to describe it better...almost as if I'm on the threshold of a seizure sometimes. It is NOT any form of medical emergency situation, though. Not even close. Just my odd nervous system harmonizing with what it is fed.

I can hear many of the cheaper compact fluorescents from a room away. LED lights are so harsh, I feel they are better suited as weapons. I kinda freak out when stuck behind a modern vehicle loaded with LED lighting all over it's ass. Emergency vehicles now pulverize me with their annoying displays...and don't get me started on LED signage...the world has become the worst of Las Vegas in that regard.

I've had to wear sunglasses when shopping at Meijer at night with their horrible screaching & buzzing gas vapor bulbs, which always seems to get security's attention...so I now avoid them, too.

I am a high-functioning autist, the closest definition for my symptoms is included in the controversial diagnosis of Asperger's Syndrome...although I've learned that mentioning such brings great wrath from those who think they know better what I've lived for fifty years.

I'm happiest with Moonlight, then candles when convenient during the New portion of the cycle. I still fully have my night vision at fifty, though...just heard that most folks lose theirs. I know at least some of why. I also don't watch much television...and ALL of my video devices are the fabulous old Cathode Ray Tube [[properly calibrated!), excepting this laptop computer and the associated desktop screen.

That said, who the hell thinks everything new is always better? Why NOT allow the marketplace to determine what folks wish to buy? Are we not freemen in this land?!

[[still a little pissed at what my industry did with the CRT, actually, my house is like a high-end video display museum now, since I've kept all the units my clients were throwing away for the past five years and more, I'm becoming an expert at keeping those damn things alive! But I've got better HD imagery than most of the rest of ya, I guarantee it!)

Sincerely,
    John
    Last edited by Gannon; January-01-14 at 12:11 PM.