Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

there are still several empty lots in the area. i wouldnt be surprised if you saw gilbert build a garage on one or both of them to accommodate all of the new residential units. the hudson's site is only a block away as well, so that is always an option.

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    there are still several empty lots in the area. i wouldnt be surprised if you saw gilbert build a garage on one or both of them to accommodate all of the new residential units. the hudson's site is only a block away as well, so that is always an option.
    Where are these "several" empty lots in the area? There is one very small lot right behind the Synagogue, and the Hudson lot. Can't think of much within a few blocks that could be used as a garage site. There's a few out to the west and north, but they'd be pretty far out for residential parking for Capitol Park area.
    Name:  parking.jpg
Views: 991
Size:  50.0 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2015-02-19 at 11.31.40 AM.jpg
Views: 1116
Size:  50.7 KB

there are actually two empty lots in capitol park currently. although i would rather them be turned into actual buildings considering their prime location. but if there was some sort of structure with ground retail, a few floors of a parking garage, then some more residential/office on top that's fine

Hooray for Gilberttown!!

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanDawg View Post
    Name:  Screen Shot 2015-02-19 at 11.31.40 AM.jpg
Views: 1116
Size:  50.7 KB

there are actually two empty lots in capitol park currently. although i would rather them be turned into actual buildings considering their prime location. but if there was some sort of structure with ground retail, a few floors of a parking garage, then some more residential/office on top that's fine
    Ah, I figured those would be too small for a garage. The one on the east side of the street might be big enough. Hadn't thought of the Merchant's Row style with an elevator though. I agree that these would be better used as new construction, if possible, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Where are these "several" empty lots in the area? There is one very small lot right behind the Synagogue, and the Hudson lot. Can't think of much within a few blocks that could be used as a garage site. There's a few out to the west and north, but they'd be pretty far out for residential parking for Capitol Park area.
    Name:  parking.jpg
Views: 991
Size:  50.0 KB
    spartandawg posted a diagram with the two lots i was referencing outside of the one on washington boulevard. you could see a garage similar to the one on woodward for merchants row that includes an elevator due to site limitations.