Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Could just have easily gone at fail jail site. Sounds like Gilbert and Ross had a falling out over something. Ilitch will get the land valued sky high and take the tax break since he's realizing the developers weren't running to the District Detroit area like he had hoped.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Could just have easily gone at fail jail site. Sounds like Gilbert and Ross had a falling out over something.
    Yeah something definitely happened between them. Oh well I guess, it worked out lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    Yeah something definitely happened between them. Oh well I guess, it worked out lol.
    It's funny to think something happen, BUT Mayor Duggan was asked about this and he thanked Bedrock and Gilbert. He then said Bedrock was doing them a favor by offering them the land for as long as they did but Bedrock wanted a more concrete timeline on the development, seeing as though the land would basically be on hold until then but Ross could not give that timeline at the time so they looked at other locations. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Could just have easily gone at fail jail site. Sounds like Gilbert and Ross had a falling out over something. Ilitch will get the land valued sky high and take the tax break since he's realizing the developers weren't running to the District Detroit area like he had hoped.
    Gilbert may be playing a critical role in reviving downtown/midtown, but I've suspected for a long time that he's a very difficult person to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Gilbert may be playing a critical role in reviving downtown/midtown, but I've suspected for a long time that he's a very difficult person to work with.
    Anecdotally speaking, you are correct. I know a former forumer here who went to high school with Gilbert, and she mentioned that he always seemed to her to be the type that is difficult to work with.