Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    I think it's odd I continue to respond to Ron Paul fans, which amounts to responding to 9/11 truthers, birthers, and other wingnut conspiracy theorists.

Race and race separation exists, whether you fancy yourself "colorblind" or not.

Again, it doesn't matter. This anti-evolution, anti-gay marriage, anti-global warming, and anti-abortion won't win anything.
    Ah, i thought you brought up race. I'm not sure which "anti-evolution, anti-gay marriage, anti-global warming, and anti-abortion" legislation Ron Paul supported, if any, as those things are State issues and he is insted running for a federal office. That is why I am more concerned about candidates policies about wars, deficits, supporting or opposing the bill of rights, etc.. as more important than what their favorite color is or where they go to church on Sunday.

"9/11 truthers, birthers, and other wingnut conspiracy theorists."
    Name calling is sometimes viewed as a weak substitute for rational argument.

Getting back to your equating centralized government with freedom as expressed in you post #53, "I like the idea of a free country, not a bunch of individual mini-countries called "states". " Yesterday was your day as the House slightly expanded your idea of freedom by passing HR 347 which expands federal police powers within states.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Ah, i thought you brought up race. I'm not sure which "anti-evolution, anti-gay marriage, anti-global warming, and anti-abortion" legislation Ron Paul supported, if any, as those things are State issues and he is insted running for a federal office. That is why I am more concerned about candidates policies about wars, deficits, supporting or opposing the bill of rights, etc.. as more important than what their favorite color is or where they go to church on Sunday.

"9/11 truthers, birthers, and other wingnut conspiracy theorists."
    Name calling is sometimes viewed as a weak substitute for rational argument.

Getting back to your equating centralized government with freedom as expressed in you post #53, "I like the idea of a free country, not a bunch of individual mini-countries called "states". " Yesterday was your day as the House slightly expanded your idea of freedom by passing HR 347 which expands federal police powers within states.
    Politics to me are about the greater good. With that in mind, I am always disappointed with all of my choices. I am certainly not a Democrat and I'm not a fan of President Obama, but I will almost always vote Democrat over Republican.

As far as "state issues" are concerned...they've become national issues. Whether or not you agree with the legality or constitutionality of any of these is really besides the point. The reality of the situation is that these things have become national or federal issues.