Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Awesome! Thanks for the amazing find. Yeah, Detroit's great failures are much more a indictment on free market/capitalist and neoliberal forces. Suburbanization, de-industrialization, segregation.

CAY might've been a communist before, but he was buddy buddy with many business leaders.

Power to the people!

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    CAY might've been a communist before, but he was buddy buddy with many business leaders.
    Interestingly, you could say the same about Sheila Cockrel [[nee Murphy). I can't speak for Ken Cockrel Sr., as he died decades ago. I voted for his son who is very moderate and a very nice person.

I'm not a CAY fan, but I'd say he did what he could - I believe, rather poorly - with what dwindling resources he had. Had the city not been on a downward spiral the results may have been a little different, but probably not dramatically.

So much for all the stink about ideology.