Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine View Post
    A dog's life is hardly worth a human life.
    A dog's life is worth just as much as any generic human on his way to Walmart to buy imported snack foods. The manner in which we treat our animal friends indicates the manner in which we value life in general, both animal and human.

When I see a dog on the expressway [[that isn't already dead), I slow down and stop all traffic and chase it off. I am always joined by a couple others to help block every lane. I am also always joined by angry beer guzzlers late for an appointment with their refrigerator.

Can't imagine how important someone's life must be that they can't stop and do the same.

Which is why I try to look far ahead when driving on the freeway so as to exit 'before' getting to that kind of situation which can turn dangerous of EVERYONE, animals included. No thank you. I figure the less cars around [[being stopped abruptly which can cause a serious accident) the better and up the exit ramp I go.........!
    Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    A dog's life is worth just as much as any generic human on his way to Walmart to buy imported snack foods. The manner in which we treat our animal friends indicates the manner in which we value life in general, both animal and human.

When I see a dog on the expressway [[that isn't already dead), I slow down and stop all traffic and chase it off. I am always joined by a couple others to help block every lane. I am also always joined by angry beer guzzlers late for an appointment with their refrigerator.

Can't imagine how important someone's life must be that they can't stop and do the same.
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-10-10 at 07:59 PM.

Retroit Guest

I just slow down moderately and turn my hazard warning flashers on to alert drivers behind me. Stopping, getting out of your car, or expecting police to risk their lives are all dangerous in my opinion. So is abruptly braking, unless you are doing so to avoid collision.

...but I never hesitate to run over people in Walmart parking lots.

Well stated. Causing a greater tragedy by causing a potentially deadly pile up is neither wise or noble IMO. I would exit [[the freeway) if possible if I saw that in time to do so. Sure, I will do my best not to hit an animal; to steer around within reason so as to not kill myself or anyone else.

I was involved in a front end collision [[minor) due to a TRAINED police officer suddenly stopping traffic on the freeway with flares and a back up police car nearby. He did the best he could to stop cars coming forward from hitting a stopped damaged car in a middle lane [[while the other officer laid flares).

Withstanding all of care and training applied in all of this the car to the side of me panicked and swerved a bit, causing the one in front of me to stop even shorter which caused me to rear-end him straight on.

Thank goodness we had all slowed appreciably before impact and I [[and the person I hit) walked away from the incident and got my car repaired [[thank goodness I had full coverage on an older car).

The police officer used hand waving, his top lights flashing [[red, yellow, blue, white), flasher sticks laid out and we still piled up somewhat!!!

I can just imagine a driver not so equipped getting out of their car trying to stop freeway traffic.

Very dangerous = Multi-car pile up. The dog rescuer could end up dead themselves, the dog hit 'anyway' now by maybe multiple cars!
    Quote Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
    I just slow down moderately and turn my hazard warning flashers on to alert drivers behind me. Stopping, getting out of your car, or expecting police to risk their lives are all dangerous in my opinion. So is abruptly braking, unless you are doing so to avoid collision.

...but I never hesitate to run over people in Walmart parking lots.
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-11-10 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    I was involved in a front end collision [[minor) due to a TRAINED police officer suddenly stopping traffic on the freeway with flares and a back up police car nearby. He did the best he could to stop cars coming forward from hitting a stopped damaged car in a middle lane [[while the other officer laid flares).
    Were you and others following the 2 second rule? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    Saving a dog's life is different from saving a humans. The problem is you can't predict that actions of a dog. They may circle in traffic confused or even worse come at you and attack.

Trust me, I love animals, and I'd be willing to stop if it was a commercial street where traffic could easily stop. But pulling over on the expressway could be really bad. It goes beyond saving a dogs life, and goes beyond risking your own life. You could cause a serious accident and put others in danger. At some point you have to draw a line. Or, at some point your compassion for animals is now complete lunacy.

A dog's life is worth just as much as any generic human on his way to Walmart to buy imported snack foods.
    Oh you know, I can twist things too. Basically you are calling your fellow citizens dogs. I take it you have a negative outlook on life. Enjoy your weekend
    Last edited by wolverine; July-10-10 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine View Post
    I take it you have a negative outlook on life. Enjoy your weekend
    You started out with a perfectly fine argument, but then devolved into a personal 1:1 attack.

That negated your argument.