Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Fury13, GRRRRRR!!!
    55-57 Chevys are so plentiful at car shows that they look pale to me. Sameness.
    '59 and '60 Chevys on the other hand, have style, uniqueness, roominess, & variety. They LOOKED new. Not a warmed-over version of last year's model.

Since I have a 1960 Chevy Impala POST SEDAN, and a 1959 Chevy 9-passenger Kingswood Wagon, I have to take exception to the, "ugly-ass", and ,"four-door to boot", comments.

My eyes are still burning from viewing such heresy in the name of consumer safety.

The loss of another fine finned-mobile deserves a moment of silence.....

Quote Originally Posted by Warrenite84 View Post
    Fury13, GRRRRRR!!!
    55-57 Chevys are so plentiful at car shows that they look pale to me. Sameness.
    '59 and '60 Chevys on the other hand, have style, uniqueness, roominess, & variety. They LOOKED new. Not a warmed-over version of last year's model.

Since I have a 1960 Chevy Impala POST SEDAN, and a 1959 Chevy 9-passenger Kingswood Wagon, I have to take exception to the, "ugly-ass", and ,"four-door to boot", comments.

My eyes are still burning from viewing such heresy in the name of consumer safety.

The loss of another fine finned-mobile deserves a moment of silence.....
    Well, at least you're different... admitting you're a fan of those '59 and '60 Chevs.

You'll notice I DIDN'T include the '57 Chevy as a positive styling example... by '57, the original '55 design looked tired and high-sided, with wimpy tacked-on fins.

You do know that the '59 GM lineup was a direct response to Chrysler Corporation's stunning, groundbreaking '57s, right? [[Put a '57 Chevy up next to a '57 Plymouth... the Chevy looks downright tall and stodgy.)

I think Harley Earl just didn't know what the hell to do in '59 to counter Chrysler, so he and his staff went a little nuts. Sorry, the only 1959 GM car that I think came off well was the Buick... those delta-wings looked pretty clean!