Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Re-read the article. Breithaupt and Golightly Career and Technical Centers [[previously called vocational schools - votechs) are mentioned as the two other schools offering culinary. Cuts have been applied for sure; the only Career Tech that closed was Crockett which is now the Ben Carson school of medical arts. Murray-Wright was one of the first 'vocational' schools. Breithaupt, Golightly, Randolph, Crockett and Davis Aerospace came about later.
    Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    FWIW, DPS already had this, until they closed all the vocational schools, or at the very least cut their budgets down to the bone marrow. In fact, they had these things INSIDE the schools themselves during DPS' prime.

It's not anything new...
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-01-12 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Re-read the article. Briegthaupt and Golightly Career Techs [[previously called vocational schools) are mentioned as the two other schools offering culinary. Cut have been applied for sure; the only Career Tech that closed was Crockett which is now the Ben Carson school of medical arts. Murray-Wright was one of the first 'vocational' schools. Brieghtaupt, Golightly, Randolph, Crockett and David Aerospace came about later.
    Actually, I don't stand corrected. If anything, it's just a waste of a news article.

As I already said, these things have always been available. It's just that due to the cuts [[and BTW, there have been several proposals to shutter Breigthaupt and Golightly completely) that these opportunities have only been available to a select few.

The only thing that seems to be new is the vegetable garden.

Opinions will vary as they do regarding many news articles and posts here.

Fine, they may ALL close [[I've heard about it as public record), but for the students that go thru 'this' June, 2012, I'm encouraged that they'll have additional skills to apply to work and college.

Kudos to Drew Nutrition Centers efforts in this area!
    Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Actually, I don't stand corrected. If anything, it's just a waste of a news article.

As I already said, these things have always been available. It's just that due to the cuts [[and BTW, there have been several proposals to shutter Breigthaupt and Golightly completely) that these opportunities have only been available to a select few.

The only thing that seems to be new is the vegetable garden.
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-01-12 at 11:39 AM.