Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

IF [[big "I" big "F"), one could improve on what Trapper's Alley or the Rencen [[yes, they had a Waldenbooks and Harmony House and all of that) had [[or even the one I saw in the New Center back in 1991)-I say go for it. If it is true that Meijer's is opening up right where my dad's old high school was [[not "R.U. high?"), than I have much more respect for them than I ever had before. After all, they are a Michigan-based business that competes with Wal-Marts [[and they've been known to let folks in poor situations get free low-grade antibiotics, if they do the paperwork-happened to me when I needed it most in Champaign, IL.). They are not the "sh*tty Acres" kids once joked about. Heck! Wholefoods wasn't daunted to open a location in Wayne State. I only wish that one chain of Cincinnati-based grocery stores would man-up and open a few locations within Detroit [[like where the old Farmer Jack's was in Hamtramck on Joseph Campeau).

Quote Originally Posted by G-DDT View Post
    I only wish that one chain of Cincinnati-based grocery stores would man-up and open a few locations within Detroit [[like where the old Farmer Jack's was in Hamtramck on Joseph Campeau).
    "That one chain of Cincinnati-based grocery stores" is still spooked about all of the money that was wasted at 7 Mile and Gratiot.
    Last edited by 313WX; December-29-14 at 06:28 PM.