Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Thread: Staples closes

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Mackinaw View Post
    The mall owner should take the opportunity to re-do that corner with something more fitting. Jos. Camp. is a nice little street but the mall makes for a bad gateway.
    Don't know what you could really do to improve the situation. What store can replace the Staples given its configuration? A dollar store would fit perfectly. Oh, wait, there already is a dollar store in that strip mall. Could two exist basically side-by-side?

I am partial to developments like the Studio One apartments and the Ellington that front a major street and have retail on the ground floor. Maybe an apartment like those could go on the corner on Jefferson and Jos Campau, encompassing both the the current parking lot and the Staples store. It would be nice to have a development along Jos Campau, giving the street a nice street wall. Hey, I guess I just answered my earlier question.
    Last edited by royce; July-18-16 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by royce View Post
    Don't know what you could really do to improve the situation. What store can replace the Staples given its configuration? A dollar store would fit perfectly. Oh, wait, there already is a dollar store in that strip mall. Could two exist basically side-by-side?

I am partial to developments like the Studio One apartments and the Ellington that front a major street and have retail on the ground floor. Maybe an apartment like those could go on the corner on Jefferson and Jos Campau, encompassing both the the current parking lot and the Staples store. It would be nice to have a development along Jos Campau, giving the street a nice street wall. Hey, I guess I just answered my earlier question.
    We had an Office Depot close and it is now a Petsmart. We had a Staples close and it is now a Ross Dress-for-Less. Those big boxes are pretty adaptable. Maybe a Big Lots could move in.