Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

... well there certainly isn't any boycott about folks not going to Comerica Park.... since the demise of Tiger Stadium... although I do miss the old ballpark...

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    ... well there certainly isn't any boycott about folks not going to Comerica Park.... since the demise of Tiger Stadium... although I do miss the old ballpark...
    I know a few who are still boycotting Comerica Park due to the closing of Tiger Stadium. I would love to be in that group, and I truely tried to save Tiger Stadium and help find an alternate use for the site.

However I like the Tigers, Baseball and having something to do after work in the Summer, so Im a season Ticket Holder.

I'll give Comerica Park credit, they got the parking situation right, the concourses are nice and wide, I enjoy sitting in the over sized seats at the Tigers Den, and I like the statue of Ernie Harwell when you walk in the main enterance.

However with that said, you'll never be able to replace over 100 years of histrory, and the way the interior of Tiger Stadium looked. All the things that people said where bad, such as the steel I beams in the seating area, are what gave that place charector and is why people loved the place like they did.

As far as Comerica, we don't don't need the Merry Go Round for Kids, Luxury Party Suites, and that Glass box above Right field where they serve all that fancy food.

Can anyone explain to me why $5 hot and nasty Little Caesar Pizzas cost $13 at Comerica Park?