Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Willi View Post
    I wish universities would spend money on education and a whole lot less on art, architecture, etc.
    My memories of Wayne State in the late 80's was Old Main with peeling paint and disrepair.
    An engineering building that leaked rainwater into an electronics lab, with electricity, yikes !.
    But they managed to buy a few pieces of art worth millions those years as well, ho hom status quo.
    Mis-placed priorities for an institution of higher learning
    You should break down the actual figures here so you don't sound like you're simply blowing hot air.

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    You should break down the actual figures here so you don't sound like you're simply blowing hot air.
    Actually he can't! Because they bought it with donated funds! Oh no! What will he choose to whine about regarding WSU next?

Quote Originally Posted by belleislerunner View Post
    The funding for WSU purchasing the Hecker Mansion was actually donated by the Hartman estate, so it doesn't impact other capital funds. Will be interesting to see what develops.

http://bog.wayne.edu/meetings/old_fi..._14_Item_K.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by motz View Post
    Actually he can't! Because they bought it with donated funds! Oh no! What will he choose to whine about regarding WSU next?
    Maybe he's mad cuz they didn't tear down the David MacKenzie house to replace it with that storm drain.... I bet all that storm water is now going to the Red Run drain!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Maybe he's mad cuz they didn't tear down the David MacKenzie house to replace it with that storm drain.... I bet all that storm water is now going to the Red Run drain!!
    That is not a storm drain it is a cesspool!