Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    as this example clearly points out, and how it seems most people feel, local control and funding would be more appropriate...
    So you're saying that Tea Parties are cool with heavy social welfare spending, as long as it's not done at the federal level? States and localities can assume these functions?

I find that hard to believe. Tea Partiers want to shrink government. Period. I don't think they're advocating for higher taxes and more generous social services at the local level.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    So you're saying that Tea Parties are cool with heavy social welfare spending, as long as it's not done at the federal level? States and localities can assume these functions?

I find that hard to believe. Tea Partiers want to shrink government. Period. I don't think they're advocating for higher taxes and more generous social services at the local level.
    I think what some of them are advocating is that all revenue should be generated locally and spent locally. Of course that gets lost in the cacophony of xenophobic, homophobic, anti government, Obama is a muslin, marxist, secular, statist, forced abortionist, sharia law bringer type- rants.

I've listened to a few episodes of Bill Nojay's radio show [[it's streamable here, if anyone else is curious), and as best I can tell, the man's just a hypocrite. He's opposed to all government spending except when it benefits the God-fearing white Republican voters of upstate New York, in which case good for them for milking the corrupt evil government for all it's worth. I think the people in this thread trying to glean some kind of ideological coherence from Mr. Nojay's career trajectory are giving him entirely too much credit.