Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Good one 401don, I like the line; -"He may well have been conceived on that fine day, but it is inconceivable he was actually there".

You can expect a whole slew of Pink Panthers rummaging thru the White House waste paper baskets to find something to pin on Obama's ass in the next little while...

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Good one 401don, I like the line; -"He may well have been conceived on that fine day, but it is inconceivable he was actually there".

That would actually make a good case in favor of abortion.

Face reality, this guy's an empty suit and I can't wait until Barack Obama gets a chance to demolish him or one of the other pompous blowhards in a real debate.
    Romney is an accomplished person. He isn't a very good politician, which I think is because he is running for the nomination of a party which is largely detached from reality. He has to say lots of things he doesn't really believe and as a result can't keep them straight in his head. He also doesn't pander subtly; when he is pandering it is too obvious--like the "trees are the right height" comments. He also has a tin ear for normal people's problems. But far from an empty suit.

Quote Originally Posted by mwilbert View Post
    Romney is an accomplished person. He isn't a very good politician, which I think is because he is running for the nomination of a party which is largely detached from reality. He has to say lots of things he doesn't really believe and as a result can't keep them straight in his head. He also doesn't pander subtly; when he is pandering it is too obvious--like the "trees are the right height" comments. He also has a tin ear for normal people's problems. But far from an empty suit.
    If you want a sense on how Romney will really govern, read up on his time as gov of Mass.

Actually this guy is only a little to the right of Obama however not far enough to the right to make his potential base happy. Romney is really trapped in a box. I believe he wants to govern like his father but his party won't stand for it. He will be forced to make promises to make his party happy that will make him unelectable to conservative Dems and Independents.

Quote Originally Posted by mwilbert View Post
    He isn't a very good politician, which I think is because he is running for the nomination of a party which is largely detached from reality. He has to say lots of things he doesn't really believe and as a result can't keep them straight in his head. He also doesn't pander subtly; when he is pandering it is too obvious--like the "trees are the right height" comments. He also has a tin ear for normal people's problems.
    Huh? Might I now ask what exactly you'd consider an empty suit?

Willard might be an "accomplished person" but acquiring wealth by destroying middle class worker's livelihoods isn't a requisite skill for the job he's after. Then again, perhaps he doesn't want the actual job as much as he simply wants to be President?

Do we really need another guy with daddy issues? How'd that junior Bush experiment work out?

Stuff the ice chest, baby.