Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

George W. Romney, father of Mitt, was born in 1907 and died in 1995. He is buried in the Fairview Cemetery, Brighton, Michigan.

Gaskell Romney was the father of George W. He was born in 1871 in Salt Lake City, and died in 1955 in Salt Lake City, where he is buried.

Miles Park Romney, was the father of Gaskell. He was born in Nauvoo, Illinois, in 1843, and died in 1904 in Mexico, where he is buried.

Miles Romney was the father of Miles Park Romney. He was born in England in 1806, and sailed to America in 1841 with several hundred Mormon converts from England. He went with them to Nauvoo, Illinois, thence to Salt Lake City during the Mormon exodus, and shortly after to the southern Utah town of St. George. He died in 1877 in St. George and is buried in the St. George Cemetery, along with two of my LDS ancestors [[no, I'm not LDS. Heaven forbid!)

And, yes, Miles and Miles Park Romney had multiple marriages. I don't know how they managed that; it's all I can do to handle one............

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    George W. Romney, father of Mitt, was born in 1907 and died in 1995. He is buried in the Fairview Cemetery, Brighton, Michigan.

Gaskell Romney was the father of George W. He was born in 1871 in Salt Lake City, and died in 1955 in Salt Lake City, where he is buried.

Miles Park Romney, was the father of Gaskell. He was born in Nauvoo, Illinois, in 1843, and died in 1904 in Mexico, where he is buried.

Miles Romney was the father of Miles Park Romney. He was born in England in 1806, and sailed to America in 1841 with several hundred Mormon converts from England. He went with them to Nauvoo, Illinois, thence to Salt Lake City during the Mormon exodus, and shortly after to the southern Utah town of St. George. He died in 1877 in St. George and is buried in the St. George Cemetery, along with two of my LDS ancestors [[no, I'm not LDS. Heaven forbid!)

And, yes, Miles and Miles Park Romney had multiple marriages. I don't know how they managed that; it's all I can do to handle one............
    Damn, you've got all the particulars, must be related to him. Romney reminds me of the kid who throws a rock at something, then hides his hand and says he didn't do it.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; February-17-12 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Damn, you've got all the particulars, must be related to him. Romney reminds me of the kid who throws a rock at something, then hides his hand and says he didn't do it.
    Nah...Ray just likes geneology, so I think that is the source of his interest.

Quote Originally Posted by cman710 View Post
    Nah...Ray just likes geneology, so I think that is the source of his interest.
    Got that right, Cman! I see a name and I wonder, "where's his line from???". It's almost a curse. LOL

Grew up in Detroit, moved to the burbs, daddy was a powerful man. After school, Mitt got the hell out of state, far away from Detroit, and made billions off of screwing working class people on Wall St. now he wants to claim he's from the 'hood again. What's more "michigan" than that?

DC48080 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by j to the jeremy View Post
    Grew up in Detroit, moved to the burbs, daddy was a powerful man. After school, Mitt got the hell out of state, far away from Detroit, and made billions off of screwing working class people on Wall St. now he wants to claim he's from the 'hood again. What's more "michigan" than that?
    And just how did he screw working class people? Do you have any examples of how he himself screwed working class folk? If so, please site them.

"Occupy" much???

Quote Originally Posted by DC48080 View Post
    And just how did he screw working class people? Do you have any examples of how he himself screwed working class folk? If so, please site them.

"Occupy" much???
    Two words. Bain Capital.