Quote Originally Posted by mwilbert View Post
the police themselves have a strong tendency to rally around officers accused of bad behavior, even when it is pretty clear the behavior was not appropriate.
This is very true. Law enforcement, sometimes does not choose to enforce laws against itself. Sometimes it's when a cop is speeding, or drunk, and sometimes it's when something even more serious happens.

Letting a cop off the hook for speeding, etc... is known as "Professional Courtesy". I think it's hogwash and that cops need to treat each other the same. I understand they feel a brotherhood between each other, they literally trust each other with their lives, but you can have brotherhood while still being ethical.

More on topic, anyone who isn't sympathetic toward two innocent cops has a mental issue. I have no issue with DPD telling folks to boycott his business. I'd hate to work for this guy if he has that little empathy for human life.

I'm anti-Michael Brown, but even I can recognize that the majority of people who are pro-Michael Brown are saddened to see two innocent cops dead.

Also, the man who killed them more killed them out of mental illness, not to side with the protesters. It takes mentally ill people to do things like this, wanting their own death as an outcome.