Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by johnny1954 View Post
    yep that is a valid criticism of Detroit. An inspector for everything, signs, parking lots, coolers, electrical, roofing, etc.. And every inspector has their hand out while "inspecting."
    You missed the point.

johnny1954 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
    You missed the point.
    Please explain yours. No need to play cloak and dagger.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny1954 View Post
    Please explain yours. No need to play cloak and dagger.
    When a Detroit business closes there is a myriad of posts citing why the business closed [[although most of the people have little clue) and attributing it to specific reasons that all, in their minds, prove that business can't succeed in the city. Typically it is done with a smug satisfaction. When a business in the suburbs closes there is none of the bs speculation or smug satisfaction.

Instead it is usually people whining about how much of a shame it is.

johnny1954 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
    When a Detroit business closes there is a myriad of posts citing why the business closed [[although most of the people have little clue) and attributing it to specific reasons that all, in their minds, prove that business can't succeed in the city. Typically it is done with a smug satisfaction. When a business in the suburbs closes there is none of the bs speculation or smug satisfaction.

Instead it is usually people whining about how much of a shame it is.
    Ok, but I know first hand of the crap you have to take from city inspectors in Detroit. It's a pain in the arse. I had a burned out, abandoned building next to my building and instead of the inspectors citing this abandoned building they flock to my building like vultures. It's a shame the city of Detroit circles thriving business like a carcass to feast on.