Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    Hey, it's not napster. It's not copy written material being shared in violation of the law. The ones who produce the product are giving it away for free. In fact the free product is generally better [[in my view) than the print edition. It's their own fault for removing any incentive for anyone to pay for the product they need people to buy.

Offer some content worth paying for and I may subscribe again. until then, I'd take the NYT 'weekender' over anythign the Freep or News are trying to sell me.
    They are not offering it for free.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    They are not offering it for free.
    It's free to me. I'm not bothered by the ads or the awkward page breaks that a paid online subscription allows one to avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    It's free to me. I'm not bothered by the ads or the awkward page breaks that a paid online subscription allows one to avoid.
    It's "free", yet you are paying for it when you buy products from companies who advertise on those web sites. So it isn't free. It's using the same model of profit through ad revenue that broadcast television has been using since forever.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    It's "free", yet you are paying for it when you buy products from companies who advertise on those web sites. So it isn't free. It's using the same model of profit through ad revenue that broadcast television has been using since forever.
    I suppose that is true if I were in the market for a Ford or apartment hunting on Apartments.com...but I get ya. I guess we should be really pissed we ever had to pay for the paper then.

I've gone completely electronic when it comes to the news. I haven't subscribed to a hard copy newspaper in years.