With residential property, the Building Department does a follow up inspection and takes pictures about 3 or 4 days before the City Council hearing. For them to do that with every average Joe Blow and not Matty Moroun, illustrates my point of how ill prepared the City was.
That wouldn't have made a difference. As I pointed out above, the objection that Mr. Moroun's attorney raised related what the proper address of the building in question was. Photographs of the building would not resolve that question.

If the Building Department had its act together, it would have been able to dispute the information presented by the DIBC. The Law Department wasn't able to provide any real assistance, as they didn't even bother to show up for the hearing on time.
First, I concur that it was unacceptable for the the two lawyers from the Law Department to not be in the room on time. I won't even attempt to defend them on that count.

Second, the information presented by DIBC was disputed. However, the City Council decided to postpone the matter regardless.