Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

I dont think it would be a negative for the city. I am excited about it. But some people would rather see local home grown grocery stores fill the void rather than a corporation. I can see both points but Whole Foods is definitely a sign of progress right?

WHAT! Whole Foods is coming to Detroit. Organic foods is very expansive to low-income residents. Whole Foods is still out the suburbs where is quite safe and making money out of rich folks. Who want to blew their food stamps in high pricey foods that turns from solid to liquid in 3 days? I don't

WORD FROM THE STREET PROPHET

Now go shop at your local Detroit Arab and Chaldean owned markets, I do and most of them do ole' time credits to the black communities

I miss you so, Neda.
    Last edited by Danny; July-25-11 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitkid View Post
    I dont think it would be a negative for the city. I am excited about it. But some people would rather see local home grown grocery stores fill the void rather than a corporation. I can see both points but Whole Foods is definitely a sign of progress right?
    I don't think it has to be an either/or -- there is room for both. The Whole Foods brand is something that the neighborhood can market, which would help bring in more residents/potential shoppers to other stores.

ETA: Yes, this is still a rumor until it comes from the horses mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    I don't think it has to be an either/or -- there is room for both. The Whole Foods brand is something that the neighborhood can market, which would help bring in more residents/potential shoppers to other stores.
    This is exactly what I was going to post. All very exciting!

hasn't anyone learned that in the COD, until the door open for business, nothing is a sure thing?

could be a great addition, but not unlike so many "sure things" and even not so sure things that have gotten people excited then failed to materialize for one reason or another.