Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Thread: Caribou Coffee

Hybrid View

I'm going to miss the one on Mack. That was a really nice, comfy space.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    Bigby was going to move into the old bank at Roslyn and Mack, but stopped the build out. I have a feeling the Caribou on Mack may be their next move.

I never cared for the rustic feel of Caribou but I'll miss their Mint Condition mochas.

Quote Originally Posted by p69rrh51 View Post
    Bigby was going to move into the old bank at Roslyn and Mack, but stopped the build out. I have a feeling the Caribou on Mack may be their next move.
    I read somewhere that they are opening at Mack & Hawthorne. I wonder if they are moving into that former car repair shop, although it seems too small.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    Agreed, the Caribou location had a more comfy venue on Mack than its Starbucks competitor just a few blocks up the street, but the Starbucks parking lot always seemed to be full whereas the Caribou lot seemed to have lots of open parking spaces. Guess the bottom line is sales/receipts.

Quote Originally Posted by the rock View Post
    Agreed, the Caribou location had a more comfy venue on Mack than its Starbucks competitor just a few blocks up the street, but the Starbucks parking lot always seemed to be full whereas the Caribou lot seemed to have lots of open parking spaces. Guess the bottom line is sales/receipts.
    Probably one of the reasons I preferred the Caribou - it was generally much less crowded and you could almost always get a comfy chair and table. Well, that and the coffee was much better...