Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I find it an insult the Detroit Police Officers that their wages had been cut where they are making only $11 to $13 an hour while Chief Craig make three times as much as well as the do nothing City Council. I had thought that Duggan would fight for the wages of officers.
    A quick search on the web found that DPD officers with 4 years service make $43,000, or something around $19/hr. in wages, plus a decent benefits package. Not a bad job. And one that they can be proud of. DPDs webpage says they get medical, dental, and optical coverage, 20 vacation days. Should it be better. Yes. And I'm sure it will get better as the city gets back on its feet.

http://www.detroitmi.gov/Departments...iceCareer.aspx

I also think its entirely unfair of you to attack Duggan because he hasn't been able to get DPD pay up where I'm sure he'd like it to be. Fixing Detroit's a big job. And the officers I see on the street look happier today that I've seen in a long time. Not everything is about pay.

Right now DPD is a training farm for other police departments and a good way to get a chance a jobs in Homeland Security and other agencies. Lighten up.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Right now DPD is a training farm for other police departments ...
    theyve been the farm club for MANY YEARS...

when i got out of the Air Force in 93 i was going to apply with my local PD but they wanted 3 years with either Detroit or Atlanta. i had already done 2+ with a department in oklahoma but that apparently was too tame for their requirements...