Quote Originally Posted by barnesfoto View Post
ummm, a couple things from one of those biased people who used to have Maroun's empire as a neighbor. . Maroun the vampire is not the self made man. His father was responsible for the creation of the family fortune. This is not to say MM is a slouch or a slacker or a wastrel son. But his father put the family on the road to prosperity by moving to Detroit from Argentina [[surprised that he is not claiming double victimhood by wearing his Hispanic Heritage on his sleeve) and buying a gas station. M Sr gave credit to a client who owned a trucking co. Trucking co. could not pay the bills and M Sr ended up owing the trucking co. Shares in the Ambassador Bridge were purchased. After MM got his father to rewrite a will on his deathbed, MMs sisters were mysteriously deprived of most of their share of the inheritance and filed a lawsuit against their brother.

Another case of an "entrepreneur" whose boots are licked by right wingers being a scammer born into his wealth [[but managing it rather masterfully).
I was surprised when the Free Press stated that Moroun was of Lebanese origin. I read a story about him and I thought he was of Latin origin. I remember the story pointing out that Moroun's fortune is due to his father [[just like Donald Trump) and that he lived in Windsor.

Moroun is complaining not about a second bridge killing his bridge. He is complaining the Canadian government and the city of Windsor does not want him to build a second span by the Ambassador. Everyone including Moroun wants a second bridge. The question is where do they built it. The US and the state of Michigan hands are tied. We can't build a bridge to another country unless the other country is aboard. Canada is not going to tear up another neighborhood like Moroun is willing to tear up Delmar to build his second span.