Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

someone remind me what good a mayor is when kevin orr has final say ?

Quote Originally Posted by compn View Post
    someone remind me what good a mayor is when kevin orr has final say ?
    It's our opportunity, as a city, to say how we would like the slate to look as it's being wiped clean[[er).

Having Kevyn Orr around changes the stakes in an interesting way. It's almost like there's a brief timeout, except nobody knows when it's going to end. The ego trip of running is more subdued, and I think maybe that's a good thing. I do wish there were better candidates [[or, if there was someone good and credible in there, that they were getting any press, rather than everyone saying it's just a two-man horse race.)

So, the weirdness of the mayoral election, plus city council being elected by district [[plus also how much of current city council is not running for re-election) means that we have a great opportunity to pick leaders who will define the new, post-EFM, direction.

Moreover, CC and mayor are elected to a 4-year term. I suppose it's possible that there will still be an EFM or bankruptcy judge in the picture 4 years from now, but that would be a pretty dire course of events.