Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    Yes, that was the intent. Sort of like how the telephone tax was intended to pay for the Spanish American War....took 108 years to get that repealed.

Once the camel's nose is under the tent and all that. .

I fully expected a very earnest appeal to continue the millage for "a short while longer". [[and not really against paying it... just saying I didn't see this ever going away.)
    The DIA lifted the entry fee. So entry is now free, if you live in Oakland, Macomb, or Wayne counties, where the millage was voted on and passed. I invited a friend down from "evil" Farmington, to a Friday Night Live! concert. @ the end of the concert he stood up, looked me in the eye and said "Well, damn, THAT was certainly worth my $10". If you can't find $10 a year worth of entertainment @ the DIA, you aren't trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    The DIA lifted the entry fee. So entry is now free, if you live in Oakland, Macomb, or Wayne counties, where the millage was voted on and passed. I invited a friend down from "evil" Farmington, to a Friday Night Live! concert. @ the end of the concert he stood up, looked me in the eye and said "Well, damn, THAT was certainly worth my $10". If you can't find $10 a year worth of entertainment @ the DIA, you aren't trying.
    I 100%, unequivocally agree with you in 100% of all respects on that point. [[is that clear enough that I'm a supporter of the millage?).

My only point was I never saw it going away in 10 years as claimed. Way too many weasel words used in support of that claim... we "hope" that... our "goal" is to be....etc.
    Last edited by bailey; May-09-14 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    I 100%, unequivocally agree with you in 100% of all respects on that point. [[is that clear enough that I'm a supporter of the millage?).

My only point was I never saw it going away in 10 years as claimed. Way too many weasel words used in support of that claim... we "hope" that... our "goal" is to be....etc.

Yes, that's much better......

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I agree with you [[and your friend) completely! We have friends who just moved here from Rochester, NY. They had no idea that they paid no admission fee due to the tax. They both love it, and I am getting to enjoy seeing the art all over again through their perspective! If you don't see the value in that $10, look again!