Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    The predictable reaction of a Detroiter is to shoot first, ask questions later. Like when someone gives you a dirty look. Like when someone disrespects you. Like with everything.
    Why would you say that? That was clearly not the first reaction of the residents and you acknowledged that yourself. The residents reached out to Detroit animal control and the Humane Society but didn't get much of a response.

I noticed that this story actually hit yahoo news today, it's a shame the animal was killed at the same time after surviving so long on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    Why would you say that? That was clearly not the first reaction of the residents and you acknowledged that yourself. The residents reached out to Detroit animal control and the Humane Society but didn't get much of a response.
    It seriously took less than a week before what was a large housecat to get shot and thrown in a garbage can. I guess because somebody called somebody first, it's okay.

Judging by the video, it's too bad they're not as quick with a lawnmower in that neighborhood.

It seriously took less than a week before what was a large housecat to get shot and thrown in a garbage can. I guess because somebody called somebody first, it's okay.

Judging by the video, it's too bad they're not as quick with a lawnmower in that neighborhood.
    So they're supposed to wait around a week for the zoologist to fly in and tell them what to do about something they suspect to be a wild animal? I really don't get this criticism. These people aren't living on the edge of the wilderness where you'd expect a bear or two to rummage through your garbage every now and then. They live in the middle of the city. It's pretty sad that nobody really GAF about them until this cat stumbled into their neighborhood. But when Fox 2 smelled another potential Youtube hit video featuring poor black people to mock, they swooped in as if they actually cared [[see: http://tinyurl.com/ald3yde, http://tinyurl.com/2b6orco, http://tinyurl.com/n2ygukc). Now that the cat's dead people seem to care more about that than they do about the fact that you can expect few protections of living in civilization if you happen to live in northeast Detroit.
    Last edited by iheartthed; August-27-13 at 04:20 PM.

So they're supposed to wait around a week for the zoologist to fly in and tell them what to do about something they suspect to be a wild animal? I really don't get this criticism. These people aren't living on the edge of the wilderness where you'd expect a bear or two to rummage through your garbage every now and then. They live in the middle of the city. It's pretty sad that nobody really GAF about them until this cat stumbled into their neighborhood. But when Fox 2 smelled another potential Youtube hit video featuring poor black people to mock, they swooped in as if they actually cared [[see: http://tinyurl.com/ald3yde, http://tinyurl.com/2b6orco, http://tinyurl.com/n2ygukc). Now that the cat's dead people seem to care more about that than they do about the fact that you can expect few protections of living in civilization if you happen to live in northeast Detroit.
    Cry me a river. I live in northeast Detroit and don't go around shooting everything that moves.

Fortunately I find the playing field to be pretty level when it comes to finding idiots to mock around here: most of the population. Particularly when you head to the Downriviera!
    http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/23...ate-man-claims

I'm colorblind. I hate everyone equally.

Oh Poobert, you make me sad. I am one of those folk who uniformly love my neighbors and my house. I CERTAINLY HAVE ISSUES WITH THE CITY/COUNTY but not my immediate neighborhood. Guess I am stupid according to your rules of life.

I feel bad about the cat, it looked pretty but it should have been contained. I adore cats and actually one lives on the third floor, very sure my neighbors would not appreciate my 3 dogs roaming.

Haven't seen a feral dog pack in ages, pretty sure a neighbor took them out. Frankly I don't care. No police, people do what is necessary, to protect its own. I can walk safely now.

I will say a prayer for you, hate is a very debilitating thing.

I once saw a white rat a size of a dog just behind my old northwest Detroit home back in 1991.

I once a saw a small green snake in Rouge Park on W. Warren Ave and Rouge Park Dr. in Detroit-Dearborn Heights border in 2008.

I even saw a pack of Reindeer on Pontchartrain Dr. between W. 7 Mile Rd. and Merill Plaissance Dr. in Palmer Park.

Detroit does have few exotic pets running loose in the ghettoes. There are racoons size of bears, skunks, even poisonous water snakes. If you see those creatures don't approach them, call animal control fast. [[ if they respond.)

Cry me a river. I live in northeast Detroit and don't go around shooting everything that moves.

Fortunately I find the playing field to be pretty level when it comes to finding idiots to mock around here: most of the population. Particularly when you head to the Downriviera!
    http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/23...ate-man-claims

I'm colorblind. I hate everyone equally.
    Good Lord... are you still here? Didn't you recently post that you were leaving this God forsaken area to go move to some utopia where things are not killed or suburbanites are to be respected?

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Good Lord... are you still here? Didn't you recently post that you were leaving this God forsaken area to go move to some utopia where things are not killed or suburbanites are to be respected?
    I am. Thanks for your interest. The move is next year. The military makes moving difficult.

I figure for the time being since I actually live in a regular old Detroit neighborhood, wake up here, breathe the air, read the paper, and drink the coffee, I can still add some perspective, love it or hate it, that, say, someone who lives in St. Clair Shores can't. That's just me. The thread just hit 2 pages, so something must be working.

Yep, first response would have been dead cat the first day! Sad the cat got away from his owner. I have participated in a couple of animal rescues though I am not a pet owner. You gotta tag and chip your pets and do all you can to not let them get out...

Last edited by Zacha341; August-27-13 at 06:25 PM.