Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by MSUguy View Post
    Why didn't they just stop beating him over the head with their flashlight?
    You think THAT's why he didn't open his hand?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Maybe it was rigamortis.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Why does it matter why he didn't open his hand. He had a right to due process that was denied.

Why does it matter why he didn't open his hand. He had a right to due process that was denied.
    Next time I resist arrest on a head full of coke, we'll see how far it gets me. I'll also totally ignore and refuse to cooperate with the police. Of course your results may differ.

Due process?

Due process starts with compliance with the reasonable requests of police officers. When you are being detained by the police, they have a responsibility to treat you properly. And you have a responsibility to comply with reasonable requests. After that, you can take it up with the court. But when you're detained, you comply.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Due process?

Due process starts with compliance with the reasonable requests of police officers. When you are being detained by the police, they have a responsibility to treat you properly. And you have a responsibility to comply with reasonable requests. After that, you can take it up with the court. But when you're detained, you comply.
    Are you serious? Police officers are not authorized to use deadly force just because you are not in compliance with their orders. That's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    Are you serious? Police officers are not authorized to use deadly force just because you are not in compliance with their orders. That's ridiculous.
    If the order is to protect themselves or others, they can.

Drop that gun, or I'll shoot.

Their not issued service revolvers for decoration. About the only time they can use deadly force is when you don't comply.

Come out with your hands up, or I'll request a tribunal to discuss due process.

Their not issued service revolvers for decoration. About the only time they can use deadly force is when you don't comply.

So you're agreeing that what you said sounds fucking ridiculous, no?

"Stop, or I'll say stop again"

Ding Dong the wicked cop is DEAD! Let God judge his soul.

Due process?

So in your view, Malice Green not opening his hand warranted deadly force?

Quote Originally Posted by ccal View Post
    If I remember this case correctly, Nevers stated that Green tried to get his gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    If I remember this case correctly, Nevers stated that Green tried to get his gun.
    So while his one had was closed around a piece of crack, the other was free to reach for the officers gun all while having his head caved in by a flashlight. I don't know about you but if my head is being cracked open, my natural reaction is to try and fend off the blows with my hand, that's just me of course.

natural reaction
    Not blasted on coke or crack or PCP or whatever. Natural reaction is to know you're outnumbered, overpowered, and surrender. Un-natural reaction is "I can take him".

Shollin Guest

So while his one had was closed around a piece of crack, the other was free to reach for the officers gun all while having his head caved in by a flashlight. I don't know about you but if my head is being cracked open, my natural reaction is to try and fend off the blows with my hand, that's just me of course.
    His head wasn't cracked open. Doctor's reports stated he had no skull fractures, brain swelling, or concussion.

What's sad about this is if, today, it was a guy who "looked like" a terrorist who wouldn't open his hand, a lot of people would laud the police for taking him out because "it could have been a bomb or biological weapon."

No.

Deadly force requires more.

I wasn't there, so I don't know whether deadly force was required.

I'm quite sure I don't know what happened. And I'm quite sure that no one else does either.

I'm also quite sure that people have little idea of the risk to officers of the drug war.

No.

Deadly force requires more.

I wasn't there, so I don't know whether deadly force was required.

I'm quite sure I don't know what happened. And I'm quite sure that no one else does either.

I'm also quite sure that people have little idea of the risk to officers of the drug war.
    Well the system worked and they got what they had coming to them.

That would be a nice sympathy ploy if these weren't grown men who had a career choice and weren't forced to do something horrible.