Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Sure was an ugly campus back in 1954. Old Main was a wreck back then. Doesn't seem much better today, from what I've seen. One year was enough for me and my wallet. Joined the DPD in the summer of '55 and never went back and no regrets. I've never needed Shakespeare or calculus since.

Sidebar. I did work in a hardware store in those years. Learned more in that hardware store that benefited me in later years than anything I learned at WSU. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Sure was an ugly campus back in 1954. Old Main was a wreck back then. Doesn't seem much better today, from what I've seen. One year was enough for me and my wallet. Joined the DPD in the summer of '55 and never went back and no regrets. I've never needed Shakespeare or calculus since.

Sidebar. I did work in a hardware store in those years. Learned more in that hardware store that benefited me in later years than anything I learned at WSU. Just sayin'.
    It might not have been beneficial to you because you chose the career field of police officer [[and thank you for your service), but if you wanted to be an occupational therapist, or an accountant, or a mechanical engineer, those classes would have been important.

I don't know how you could say the campus has not improved since 1954? Are you a Detroit hater like hybridy and 313WX?

-They closed off 2nd street and made it pedestrian mall to give the college more of a traditional feel.

-The campus has several stunning mid-century buildings designed by world-renowned architect Manuri Yamasaki.

-They built a welcome center at the corner of Woodward and Warren in 2002 that is beautiful.

-The 24-hour undergraduate library they built 21 years ago is still beautiful.

-They have built several huge multi-million dollar dormitories that have substantially increased on-campus population and these dorms have on their 1st floors sub stops, bagel shops, donut shops, other eateries, etc that increased the livability and desirability of the area.

-And the campus is getting better, with the $65 million expansion of the Hilberry Theater:
    https://www.freep.com/story/entertai...azz/454969002/
    Last edited by masterblaster; December-27-18 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    It might not have been beneficial to you because you chose the career field of police officer [[and thank you for your service).

I don't know how you could say the campus has not improved since 1954? Are you a Detroit hater like hybridy and 313?
    Actually, I'm 2000 miles away in Nevada, although I return annually. What I see in Detroit is tragic, compared to 50, 60 years ago. I'm not a Detroit hater, and I don't think those other two are, either. It's just that we see nothing but sadness compared to what should have been.

Anyway, thank you for the thanks expressed. Appreciated. And I enjoyed every day of my 29 DPD years. What more could you ask of a career?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post

Anyway, thank you for the thanks expressed. Appreciated. And I enjoyed every day of my 29 DPD years. What more could you ask of a career?
    Funny, I look at the state of Nevada and think it's tragic as well. Now stop skewing the topic of the thread. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven&wyo View Post
    That's because the Detroit of 50, 60 years ago is dead and gone. Time to move forward
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldsgreatest View Post
    Funny, I look at the state of Nevada and think it's tragic as well. Now stop skewing the topic of the thread. thanks.
    As far as I'm concerned, I'll read anything Ray wants to contribute, and he can take the thread in any direction he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by archfan View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, I'll read anything Ray wants to contribute, and he can take the thread in any direction he wants.
    I'm not sure what's up with those 2 posters and their extremely rude/disrespectful comments...
    Last edited by 313WX; December-28-18 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    I'm not sure what's up with those 2 posters and their extremely rude/disrespectful comments...
    LMFAO pot meet kettle, again stop skewing the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by archfan View Post
    No he can't as far as I'm concerned, he can start his own topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Worldsgreatest View Post
    No he can't as far as I'm concerned, he can start his own topic.
    Worldsgreatest... I don't disagree with most of your posts... but when you start acting like an admin on this Forum... well that's when you need to put a cork in it. I've been on this forum for almost 20 years, and Ray has been here most of that time. So we have plenty of experience on what is unacceptable. Starting a new thread does NOT mean you OWN it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Gistok; December-28-18 at 06:20 PM.